Follow the Money

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Vaughn on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Fear sees Archangel's body language and says, "Hey, let's calm down here alright, there's no need to get so aggressive. She's just a journalist, take it down a few notches. We can have a conversation without threatening someone alright?" Fear tenses up watching Archangel and Ligan's reactions carefully.
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:28 pm

"If she's just a journalist why the hell was she at the bank? The only reason we were there was because of a mystery man giving us a tip off and we're all Capes. So who the hell is she and what does she know about all of this?" Archangel responds. She stays alert and continues to block off any escape routes for the new comer.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Mariah on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Logan puts her photos away to free up her hands. She points to Constance and then makes a phone with her hand and brings it to her face.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Vaughn on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:46 pm

"You called Constance?" Fear turns and looks to Constance. "Can you confirm that?" This is difficult, Archangel can't turn off the aggro and the journalist can't talk. Somebody else better be able to defuse this before Archangel commits assault again.
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Mariah on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Logan rolls her eyes.  She pulls out her old keyboard phone and shows Fear the text that Constance sent Logan, considerately tipping her off to the bank heist.


Last edited by Mariah on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kalindra on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:17 pm

"Yeah, okay, fine," Nadia says, reading over Fear's shoulder. "I don't suppose you took the time between shooting the six of us in dubious action to get one of the perpetrators? Then you could get more information from the ORACLE databases," she suggests to Fear and Tremor.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Mariah on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:02 pm

Logan shakes her head. She takes her phone back and punches out a new text message with no recipient, using her little slide-out keyboard, then holds the phone out to them again. It says: No bad guys. Need pics=Police mug shots?
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kalindra on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:16 pm

"Well--" Nadia spreads her hands expansively. "Yeah, but like, I didn't know you'd need the mug shots for the ORACLE database until we got back from the police station and I don't want to go back and bug the detective for something like that just a couple hours after we left unless we have something substantive to show him in return, because he probably already thinks we're a bunch of random vigilantes butting in on his investigation, which is pretty much what's happening but do we really want to encourage that opinion so early in the relationship?"
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Mariah on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Logan makes a face. It's sympathetic, but with a slightly sarcastic undertone. She then shrugs, and types: time sensitive?
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kyleschmelz on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:31 am

Trevor keeps his seat, far enough back that he can't read Logan's text. "Sooooo... Going back to Orange Glo's question, why were you at the bank? How do you know about any of this?"

Seriously, how many people are involved in this? I don't mind the whole team-up thing when it means I've got backup in a fight, but at this rate we're going to have to rent a bus just to get from place to place.

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kalindra on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:17 pm

"Because apparently some people decided that their publicity photos were going to be a top priority last night but that informing the rest of us that she had done so was not," Nadia says loudly. "By which I mean that Constance asked her to show up and spy on us. So thanks for that! Good thing you had time to call your photographer while NOT formulating a plan for capturing the criminals, that's probably why everything went so smoothly last night! Now, if you don't mind, rather than divulging the details of an ongoing investigation to the press, I'm going to go find a private area where we have an expectation of privacy such that prior consent will be legally required. Shade, Tremor, Fear, are you coming? Archangel too, if you don't object too strongly to us ORACLE registered individuals?" She turns on her heels and stomps into the ORACLE facility.

Shit, does ORACLE count as public? I can't remember if there are explicit rules about photography inside the headquarters. Well, I'm already walking this direction, can't turn back now...
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Vaughn on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:29 pm

Fear shrugs, then starts to follow Nadia. I'm not going to deal with this, if Constance knows her, it's Constance's problem to sort out. Nadia's got the right idea. I tried to help, but I guess she doesn't talk or something.

"Yeah, sorry, you're right Nadia, we should find somewhere else. There might be a meeting room in the ORACLE facility if you want more privacy."
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:18 am

Shade casts a sympathetic face over towards Constance and Logan.

"She's just mad you got a picture of her dangling off the bank like a chump. She seems to have some anxiety about this whole cape thing." He says in an exaggerated stage whisper as he heads towards ORACLE.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Hannah on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:40 am

Constance shakes her head and turns to Logan.
"Did you find out anything last night that could help us out? We may be better off investigating on our own for awhile it seems."

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kyleschmelz on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:03 am

Trevor stands up as Shade starts to walk into the building. "Uh, guys? Didn't we do the infighting thing enough last night?" Seriously, this is getting silly.

Turning to Logan, he continues, "I wasn't trying to interrogate you, just wondering how you're tied in to all this. We could use the help if you've got any info on this bank thing."

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:18 am

Archangel hesitates briefly and moves to follow the others heading inside. She activates the communicator in her helmet to whisper a message to Shade "I've never actually been inside one of these places before and I don't know how far they'll let me inside. Let me know if you are willing to be my chaperone if they do that kind of thing otherwise I'll take off and listen in on comms if that's alright with you."

As Archangel waits for a reply the rest move inside the facility and are once again greeted by the robotic attendant. They look around and see the usual two doors one leading off to the left which leads to rooms the registered Capes know are used for the registration process and a secure one to the right which requires an ID badge to enter.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kalindra on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:54 am

Nadia waits in the foyer while Fear, Shade and Archangel trail after her, covering her eyes with one hand. Damn it, now do I have to pretend like I have a plan or something? We were just discussing how many dead ends we're running into before what's-her-face showed up.

Looking for something proactive to do, she appeals to one of the roboceptionists. "Um, yes, hello, excuse me. Is photography allowed inside the ORACLE building?"
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Mariah on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Logan smiles slightly at Shade and Trevor as they address her, hopefully in a way that lets them know she doesn't hold anything against them.

While the others move inside, Logan nods in response to Constance's question. Her fingers tap against her bag for a moment. Then she tucks her phone away and pulls out a small notepad. Writing is easier.
Investigating on our own? <--you and me?
I may have something.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kyleschmelz on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Trevor waits as Logan pulls out her notepad and waits for a response. When the note is only shown to Constance, he makes his way inside, muttering, "Yeah, sheepish smiles are the same thing as answers. I guess I'm with the cyborg."

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Mariah on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:51 pm

Logan scribbles out her note to Constance and dashes after Trevor, whose body language is not what she had anticipated. She taps on his back before he makes it inside.

If he turns around, Logan will scrawl out a note to him:
Sorry. This is difficult. Can explain w/more time. Join us?
She gestures to Trevor, herself, and Constance.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:58 pm

Shade whispers back into the communicator. "Until I'm informed otherwise, I'm pioneering ORACLE's youth outreach program. You're welcome inside or listening in, whatever sounds best to you." He catches up with the rest of the group heading inside.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:34 pm

"We do not have a policy prohibiting photography on the premises but we do ask that the privacy of all ORACLE members are ensured. If a specific request is made by a member for photography or recording by another individual to be stopped we will happily enforce that request. And obviously only ORACLE members or Enhanced individuals with an escort are allowed inside the main facility without prior authorization so press and civilian photographers are not able to enter. Of course as a government facility this building has some security cameras which we cannot turn off but which are not accessible to anyone but security personnel." the caretaker responds to Nadia.

Fear and Shade entering shortly after Nadia catch the robots response while Archangel lags behind. She enters the building slowly and gives everything a critical inspection but as there isn't much to see in the front foyer she moves up to the rest of the group and examines the robotic attendant. Having answered Nadia's question it looks among the group and focuses on Archangel "Greetings! have you come to register with ORACLE today?"

"Uhhh.... probably not?" Archangel responds her electronic and guttural voice at odds with the soothing and almost human one coming from the attendant.

The robot looks to each of them unfazed "Very well then, is there anything else I can assist you with?"

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Vaughn on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Fear steps up to the assistant and pleasantly responds, "Yes, are there any meeting rooms available currently?"
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:03 pm

"I'm afraid we don't heavy an meeting rooms. ORACLE facilities come equipped with a lounge, cafeteria, gymnasium, overnight accommodations, and library for members. You are free to use any of the facilities inside the main facility as you see fit as long as you do not interfere with others use of the facility." The attendant answers moving an arm to point to the secure door. "The remaining space is set aside for registration purposes only." it continues gesturing to the other door.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kalindra on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:23 pm

"Okay. Let's figure this out," Nadia says, mostly to herself. Turning to Fear and the other two, she continues, "Uh--arbitrary executive decision time. Let's go to the library. I'll call the detective and tell him we ID'ed Fistpuncher, and offer to run the other mug shots through the ORACLE records. Then we can look around for neighboring buildings with outdoor security cameras, and think about going round 2 with the bank manager." She looks around the foyer briefly. "Is Tremor coming, or did he join Team Privacy Invasion?"
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum