Capes and Cowls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow the Money

+3
kalindra
kyleschmelz
Rick
7 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Follow the Money - Page 9 Empty Re: Follow the Money

Post by felixmac09 Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:29 am

Shade tags along after paying for his oil. "Nothing he said was terribly unreasonable, but it also didn't give us a ton to go on." He touches the comm in his ear. "Nothing of interest to note in the shop, Archangel."

felixmac09

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:03 pm

Nadia shakes her head. "The manager was telling the truth; the kid wasn't," she says to Fear. "He went into the back to either hide or run away. The latter struck me as more probable, but if the former, we'll sneak in the back and surprise him. I didn't want to chew him out in front of the manager, in case he took exception." She turns to Shade. Did Archangel see him leave?"
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:54 am

As Logan catches up with Trevor a bit more let spreads to the surrounding area but nothing further is revealed.

"Somebody came out the back and took off once he spotted me, intercepting him now." Archangel replies to Shade. She swoops low like a bird of prey and tries to grab Kevin under his arms to lift him into the air.

[Archangel Fight d10(2) wild(3) = 3, Kevin Fight d4(4, 1) -2 = 3, result tie goes to aggressor]

With some fumbling and a bit of a struggle Archangel manages to snag her opponent and begins rising into the air.

Rick
Admin

https://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by felixmac09 Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:22 pm

"Oh... Uh.. Ok. Coming to you." Shade turns to Nadia.
"Sounds like Archangel has him. We should probably get over there." He starts jogging towards the back of the building.

felixmac09

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Fear moves to follow Shade, "I'd be willing to bet if the kid is lying, the manager is also lying, he just happens to be better at keeping his composure." On his way to the back, Fear will look for cameras that he can broadcast to in the case that certain events need to be hidden.

[Notice: d6: (5,2) = 5]
Vaughn
Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Nadia nods to Fear. "A definite possibility: we can go back for the manager after we find out what the kid has to say. I'm right behind you." She follows Shade around to the back, matching the others' pace and rising into the air as she goes, without activating full flight mode.
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:30 am

As the trio begin moving around the side of the building and following the fence around the side they see a gate in the fence near the back corner and Archangel rising over the trucks and surrounding fence. She rises to around two stories in the air with Kevin hanging from her arms.

"Repent sinner! Or have your lies fuel the fires of your damnation!" they hear Archangel yell. Her eerie voice lending a disconcerting edge to her words.

[Intimidation d6(4) wild(6,5) +2 threat bonus = 13, Kevin Spirit defense d4(3) = 3, success with raise]

"I'LL TALK I'LL TALK DON'T DROP ME!" Kevin screams dangling above the ground.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by felixmac09 Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:46 am

"Glad to see this is going well... Nice and low profile." Shade mutters under his breath. He quickly makes his way towards the spot Kevin would hit if he were to fall. Definitely not planning on intervening, breaks the momentum of a good interrogation. But still... I'd rather be here and have a shot at maybe catching him if push comes to drop.l

felixmac09

Back to top Go down

Post by kyleschmelz Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:00 am

"So... Not a lot left here. You said something about robots?" Tremor moves up closer to the wreckage to see if there's anything more than the pallets and lights left. Maybe Constance will find something more useful.

kyleschmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:14 am

Fear witnesses the scene and grumbles something that sounds like agreement to Shade's statement. Fear watches the store exit, looking for T-Bone to exit.
Vaughn
Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:29 pm

Nadia lands a few get behind Shade. Well, there's Bad Cop, good thing we kept our strategic options open, she grumbles to herself.

She holds up one hand to shield her eyes from the sun, and calls out to the kid in a friendly voice. "Hi, Kevin, do you have something you'd like to tell my friend there?"
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:53 pm

I told you so, Logan thinks with some disappointment.
She scribbles in her notepad and shows Trevor this:
1GBHK34U95E285713 <---Truck outside, was here last night.
Robots ---> Don't know much else. Busy running away.
(PEW PEW)
Logan doodles a couple little robots with scribbly little lazers, and draws spiky effect bubbles around the words.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:31 pm

"I'll talk just put me down!" Kevin calls out in a pleading whine.
"Talk first" Archangel replies giving a shake that makes his body flap like a flag in the open air.
"Alright Alright! I helped them steal the truck! They gave me a thousand bucks to turn off the camera recordings and leave the keys in the truck! It was the big guy you had a picture of and a smaller guy lightning costume Fistpuncher called him Amp or Volt or something. Some kind of electric term. They paid me in cash half up front half after they got the truck both times they were waiting for me outside my apartment. The second time it was just the smaller guy. That's it that's all I know I swear!" Kevin confesses in a breathless stream.

Tremor moves closer looking at the wreckage he spots a few bits of metal and wire strewn about as well. Probably from whatever left the scorch marks on the ground but nothing else presents itself. Constance speeds into the warehouse next to the other two skidding slightly on the debris. She explains she found what appeared to be a management office in one of those mobile home/trailer offices. No one answered when she knocked but she copied down a phone number from the sign on the door.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:45 pm

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" Nadia says. "Now that you're in a more cooperative mood, you can come down," before Archangel gives him a heart attack, she adds to herself. Let's hope he can remember some more details once he's on the ground, or we won't have much to follow up on...
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Mon May 02, 2016 11:36 am

Archangel descends toward the other three stopping a few feet above the ground and dropping Kevin into their midst. She adjusts her position to cast a shadow over where he stands and places a hand on the pommel of her sword as she hangs in the air wings extended.

Kevin gives a startled shout when she lets go and hits the ground poorly he stares up at the others "What do you want from me?"

Watching the back door for T-bone Fear spots some security cameras, while trying to access them he is unable to find a connection. Looks like Lucky Jack's doesn't have WiFi. The door remains closed and no one else arrives for the moment.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Tue May 03, 2016 10:45 am

Nadia holds out a hand, offering to help Kevin to his feet. "It's ok, we're not going to hurt you," she assures him. Or, not any more than Archangel decides she has to, apparently. "We're trying to catch the guys who took the truck, that's all. Did they threaten you at all? Think back, what else did they say when they approached you? Any little detail you think of can help."
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue May 03, 2016 11:59 am

He accepts the hand up and furtively looks between each of the Capes standing around him. "I don't know anything else! They just promised to pay me cash and they did. They didn't have to threaten me I needed the money and who cares about a stupid truck it's insured against theft anyways! The first time they were waiting outside my apartment building, made me the offer, gave me cash, and then drove off in a pickup truck. The second time it was just the smaller guy he paid me, told me to keep quiet, then walked done the sidewalk around a corner. I didn't follow him and don't know where he was going. That's it I swear! they didn't talk much and didn't say anything to each other while I was around, just the offer and then they left." he answers.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Tue May 03, 2016 5:04 pm

So Fistpuncher and Amp/Volt weren't careless in their speech, that's unfortunate. She nods encouragingly. "Can you describe their pickup truck for me?"
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue May 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Kevin thinks about it for a moment "Blue... a Ford I think... not new but not really old either."

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Tue May 03, 2016 9:35 pm

Logan adds another note to her page and holds it out again for Trevor and Constance. The page now reads:

1GBHK34U95E285713 <---Truck outside, was here last night.
Robots ---> Don't know much else. Busy running away.
PEW PEW
with little laser-robot doodles.

Should we investigate or call later? There are a few little arrows pointing to the word "investigate" which suggest that that might be her vote, despite the daylight.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by kyleschmelz Wed May 04, 2016 8:56 am

As Logan writes out the next few notes, Tremor shrinks back down, his stony skin shifting back to its usual greyish tone. I was kinda hoping there'd be robots.

"Do you think you can slip into the office and look around, or do you have something else in mind? I'd rather not go back completely empty-handed."

kyleschmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Wed May 04, 2016 10:26 am

Can probably get in, Logan writes. Records? (Unless they broke in)
If nothing there, leave + check VIN.
She draws a thin swooping arrow back to the truck's number.
Logan raises her eyebrows, looking for confirmation. Once the note has been read, she gestures for Constance to lead the way.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Wed May 04, 2016 11:33 am

Great, so we're looking for a blue possibly Ford of indeterminate age: that'll stand out in a crowd, Nadia grumbles to herself. Still better than nothing, I suppose. We'll have to find a reason to poke around the garage, I'm running out of questions to ask!

"Okay, that's a start... And what did you do to the security cameras? Just turned them off for the night?"
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wed May 04, 2016 11:46 am

Constance directs Logan and Trevor to a small trailer office with a sign on the door noting it as the Beaumont storage and freight property managers office with the same phone number Constance had written down. Three wooden steps lead up to the door and a few windows with blinds drawn are dotted around the office which otherwise stands alone a few feet away from the fence surrounding the property.

"I just stopped the recording, the cameras were on so it looked like everything was fine if T-bone or Jack checked them before closing up but it didn't save any footage that day."
Kevin answers Nadia.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Wed May 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Logan hops up the steps and knocks politely on the door, just in case. She leans closer, tilting her head and listening for any movement inside.

[Notice: d8 = 5 +2 Alertness = 7]
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum