Capes and Cowls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow the Money

+3
kalindra
kyleschmelz
Rick
7 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Follow the Money - Page 11 Empty Re: Follow the Money

Post by kalindra Mon May 09, 2016 11:51 pm

Man, I feel bad if this kid gets arrested over a thousand dollars, but he was aiding and abetting a crime, Nadia muses. But anyway, us recounting a confession that was obtained under threat of bodily harm isn't even approaching admissible evidence... Let's just hope he confesses to the manager and he can call the cops and deal with it. I don't want to be involved in this any deeper than we already are. Actually I hope the detective doesn't even find out we were here, but I'm not confident that we can swing that given the aforementioned threat of harm. Damn it...

She approaches the door back to the store and knocks, peering at T-bone through the shelves to catch his attention if the looks her way.
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue May 10, 2016 8:59 am

Hearing the knock T-bone turns around looking confused. Spotting the small group coming out of the back room he gives an irritated grunt "What the hell is going on here?" he asks gruffly.

Rick
Admin

https://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Tue May 10, 2016 10:54 am

Nadia waves apologetically. "Sorry to bother you again, sir, but your employee has a confession he'd like to make."

Now we just have to pray that Kevin doesn't change his mind...
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue May 10, 2016 11:02 am

"I helped the thieves take the truck, I turned off the security system and left the truck unlocked with the keys in it." Kevin recites staring over T-Bones shoulder in a daze.

After a pause as he processes the information T-bone responds, "I suppose we should report that to the police..." and begins slowly reaching for a phone sitting on the counter near the register. He glances at each of the Capes in turn with a questioning look.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Tue May 10, 2016 11:28 am

Fear nods towards T-Bone, clasping his hands behind his back.
Vaughn
Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Tue May 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Nadia says nothing, surreptitiously looking to see whether Shade was going to render an opinion. Well, as long as he doesn't call to report a group of capes assaulting his staff...
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by kyleschmelz Wed May 11, 2016 8:16 am

"Doesn't seem like it damaged the building, but there might be some clean-up to do. I was thinking someone mighta called that in, but I guess a little bit of noise in a warehouse isn't really that unusual. You said the company was Hex something, can you look up the actual name for me?"

Looking up to Constance and Logan, Trevor shrugs and gestures as if to say "anything else?"

kyleschmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wed May 11, 2016 9:47 am

T-bone picks up the receiver he punches 0 to get an operator and asks to be directed to the none emergency police line. He waits for a bit and speaks to someone explaining that several days ago his workplace had experienced a theft and that an employee had just confessed to being an accomplice. He answers a few more questions and gives some details before hanging up.
"An officer is on his way over." grumbles T-bone as he picks up his magazine and begins reading once more. Kevin just stands listlessly waiting for the inevitable.

"I'd have to head down to the office and search the records to confirm. I'm a bit busy at the moment but I could give you a call back when I get a chance to check later today." he offers.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Wed May 11, 2016 12:27 pm

Logan shakes her head once, signaling that she doesn't have anything to add. She gives Trevor a thumbs-up and then, in a sweeping motion, points to the three of them and the gate, suggesting that they could leave.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Wed May 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Hmm, I'm frankly not looking forward to discussing with the police why Archangel physically threatened the guy... Maybe we should leave the scene?

Nadia nods to the manager. "Good, then I'm sure the authorities can handle it from here. Thanks for your help." She turns and starts to go back toward the door where they came in. Still need a look at the fence--Kevin said it looked like it shattered, so I'll bet you anything that Terror of Temperature was here, and supercooled the metal so the truck could break through. Now I just have to figure out how that could lead us back to the money...
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wed May 11, 2016 2:16 pm

While Trevor is still on the phone Logan's phone begins to buzz with a call from Aunt Mavis. She frowns down at her phone, Aunt Mavis knows she isn't a fan of phone calls but seems to insist upon doing so anyways and doesn't seem to have any problems carrying on one sided conversations just fine.

T-bone grunts in response watching the Capes out of the corner of his eye to see what will happen. Nadia leaves through the back finding herself in the fenced in rental lot once more. Looking about she spots the angsty figure of Archangel with her arms crossed looking down from above.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Wed May 11, 2016 2:34 pm

Logan fumbles to answer her phone and tucks it again't her shoulder while she scrawls Car. Once the others have seen it, she gestures with her notebook hand and starts walking back to where Trevor left his vehicle.

Logan pokes a number button, so that Mavis knows she's listening. It works out a bit like voicemail that way. Leave a message after the beep.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wed May 11, 2016 2:53 pm

"Hello dear," Aunt Mavis begins, her voice brings to mind baked goods and hand knit shawls. "I hope things are well, you should come around for tea sometime this week, I have a few books I think you might like I found while perusing some shops the other day," she continues on for a bit talking about things around the house and interesting people she saw while out an about. "Well anyway I thought you would like to know that a nice young woman I didn't recognize came to the house looking for you. She was an odd duck, a bit to wild looking for me, but a polite girl she seemed a bit flustered you weren't here. I told her you don't live here but she said she already knew that and just hoped she might find you here visiting. She said to tell you her name is Amelia and to tell you she would like to talk then she wandered off to look elsewhere. If you know her you should try and get in touch it seemed important. Ah well my bread is almost done and I can't let you natter my afternoon! Let me know about tea, Goodbye!" with that whirlwind of information Mavis hangs up.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Wed May 11, 2016 3:03 pm

Fear walks out behind Nadia keeping a silent composure, once outside, he will wait for Shade to come out. He does not react to Archangel, he just stands by, waiting with his hands clasped behind his back.
Vaughn
Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Wed May 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Logan gets a little bit lost in Aunt Mavis's tales of the day. She wouldn't admit it, but she liked to listen to the old witch ramble on, and new books peaked her curiosity. Logan thought tea sounded amazing right about then - and biscuits: bread biscuits, cookie-biscuits, didn't matter. She'd hardly bothered to eat breakfast before tripping through this superhero investigation thing. Logan reached Trevor's car and slumped against it, before becoming acutely aware of the buttons on her back pockets and carefully stepping away again.

Logan's adrenaline spiked when Mavis mentioned that a stranger had come to her house. She knows where I live, Logan concluded, after a train of harried thought. She wondered briefly if Mavis had been talking about her Emily, rather than an Amelia, but cautiously excused the idea. Em would have just texted, or called like Aunt Mavis had. They had a very similar way of rattling on about things.

Logan stood very still as she thought, any sign of distress housed carefully in her mind. Where else would she be looking? Logan worried about the girl. The word flustered bothered her, too. She could need help, Logan mused, but what would she want my help for? ...

Logan slid out the little keyboard on her phone and sent a text to her friend:
Do you know an Amelia?
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Wed May 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Nadia shrugs noncommittally in Archangel's direction. She meanders over to look at the patched hole one last time, hoping to see anything more revealing from the inside of the fence. The cleanup job here wasn't entirely thorough, maybe they missed something--an errant piece of electronics, or traces of fluids Terror of Temperature's equipment leaked... After all, the police didn't know they were looking for a party of well-equipped capes for a simple truck theft, right? She also picks up a small shard of metal from the fence for a closer look.

[Notice: d6+2 (1,2)= 4]

Remind me what I think I'm doing here, again? I could be at home reading PNAS right now...
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Thu May 12, 2016 10:16 am

Shade gives a nod to Kevin and T-bone then follows the other two back outside. Nadia inspects the patch job, it's pretty simple just some 2x4 boards screwed to the plywood panels on the outer side through parts of the fence to keep them in place. The hole is pretty haphazard and random but appears to have been designed to take a roughly square section of fence. Inspecting one of the pieces she finds it has sharp clean edges. Nothing else of interest presents itself.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kyleschmelz Thu May 12, 2016 10:32 am

"Yeah, if you could get that back to me I'd really appreciate it. Let me know if there's anything else we can help with." Assuming the other guy doesn't have anything else to add, Trevor hangs up and starts making his way back to the car. Well, that was better than nothing.

Once Logan wraps up her own phone 'conversation', Trevor remarks, "Maybe next time let me know who I'm calling and why?" He laughs slightly as he opens the driver's side door and slides into his seat.

kyleschmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Thu May 12, 2016 11:07 am

Not knowing what else to do, Nadia pockets the piece of fence and turns back to Shade and Fear with a shrug. "Now what...? We found out that the bank robbers stole the truck, but they're already in jail anyway. Should we go somewhere and regroup?" After a pause, she adds, "I'm not sure I see a particular reason we would need to stay and chat with the police now that T-bone is going to turn Kevin over to them." She waits for one of them to either agree or contradict her.
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by felixmac09 Thu May 12, 2016 11:37 am

"Yeah. Feeling a bit detectived out. We did some solid work, but I'm not sure we really accomplished anything, aside from getting a kid marked as an accomplice. Regroup is probably not terrible... Or maybe just go home and wait for our blue man to turn up again."

felixmac09

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Thu May 12, 2016 11:44 am

Logan climbs into the passenger's seat and tucks her phone into a decorative shirt pocket before writing in her notepad again.

Could've asked, it reads. Logan smirks good-humoredly. Calling backup office is what normal people do.
Then she adds: Think the others found anything?
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Thu May 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Nadia shrugs helplessly at Shade. "Well, I mean... He was actually an accomplice, right, like I don't want anything bad to happen to the kid over a thousand dollars, but it's not really a miscarriage of justice for him to get caught helping criminals. Even if it were our 'job' to be catching criminals and shit, which it technically isn't unless you guys applied for a bunch of licenses I don't know about, it's definitely not our job to decide what constitutes a jailable offense, because that's why there's an entire system of police and courts to handle questions like that, which is why we should let the manager hand him over to the police since everything we can say about his confession is inadmissible on the grounds that it's hearsay."

That wandered off topic a bit... What were we talking about? She shakes her head. Feeling inexplicably anxious about how the police would react to the group of capes when they show up, Nadia hunts for a good justification to leave as soon as possible. "Ok, yeah, but also I don't see any reason to assume that we would need to wait anywhere in particular for cloak guy to find us since he clearly demonstrated his ability to find us all individually irrespective of whether we're occupied. But we should probably go discuss our next move anyway, and we've been out doing stuff for a while now, and I personally don't but shouldn't you guys need to eat at some point today?"
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Thu May 12, 2016 4:45 pm

Logan's phone buzzes with a message from Emily "The name sounded familiar so I tried searching on facebook. I think I know the name from Dr. Weird cause it came up with a bunch of fan sites for her LOL. Don't know anyone by that name personally though Sad"

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Thu May 12, 2016 5:28 pm

Logan takes a moment to stare blankly at the message before realizing what Emily might be talking about. With a lopsided expression of fondness and relief, she sends another text before tucking the phone back into her pocket.

Thanks Em. An Amelia visited my aunt earlier. Said she was looking for me, but knows I don't live there anymore. That's odd, right?
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by felixmac09 Mon May 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Shade nods distractedly. "Oh, no, I'm not saying it was a bad thing. Actions have consequences, we have a system in place to handle this kind of thing. Definitely on the same page. It's just not my usual job, I guess... Yeah, I could definitely eat. We wanna head back to the ORACLE building or meet up somewhere else?"

felixmac09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum