Capes and Cowls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A message and a mission

+3
felixmac09
Vaughn
Rick
7 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

A message and a mission - Page 9 Empty Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:11 pm

"I'd say it's more than a hobby. Probably a part-time job at this point. It just feels like... If something needs doing, and I can do it in a way that doesn't get people hurt... I kinda ought to?" Raphael sips contemplatively.

felixmac09

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Logan staggers, and plops her butt down on the floor when her knees give out under her.

[Spirit d8: 1, Wild: 1]

I could have died, she thinks shakily.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Constance frowns at her notes. "Thanks for the assistance, I'm sure after a bit of research I can figure it out."

She turns her attention to the group. "It was an absolute pleasure working with you all today. We did a great job despite some minor missteps. For a team working together for the first time, it really wasn't shabby at all." She smiles proudly at everyone. "My name is Constance Blanche, I do this sort of thing often."

Hannah

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:24 pm

Archangel sits forward and looks at each of the people at the table before turning her attention to Constance. "You make it sound like you expect this to happen again. As far as I'm concerned this was a one night only performance."

Rick
Admin

https://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by felixmac09 Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:53 pm

"I'm not terribly married to the idea of teaming with vigilantes on the regular. If you've got other things to do, we can manage." Shade nods to Archangel, then turns back to the rest of the group. "The way I see it, we cover a decent amount of bases between the four of us. We could move smoother than tonight with a little practice, and we could really end up complementing each other's strengths. I would not mind working together if we're all being contacted by magic men with hot tips. Thoughts?" He seems most curious as to Nadia's reaction, seeing as he already has a decent working relationship with the other two.

felixmac09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:14 pm

"Listen pal, I don't need to take that vigilante crap from mister I'll vouch for the terrorist that almost knocked her off the roof and tried to scare the rest of us off." Archangel replies pointing to Nadia. "I just want to know if the dude in the cloak is a threat to me or not and judging by her jumping straight to this whole team concept it sounds like Constance may have had a hand in gathering us all together."

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:22 pm

Nadia heaves her shoulders upward, a gesture intended to simulate taking a deep breath. "Okay, great, whatever," she says, getting out of her seat. "Look, I gotta go recharge for the night. In the morning I'm going to the ORACLE office to talk to the guy in the car. If anyone wants to talk about the case, I'll see you there at 9am. Here's my number..." She scribbles on a napkin and hands it to Shade. "Until then..." She shrugs. "It's been weird. Good luck with your hyper-suspicious Morse code buddy."

She tosses the group a half-sarcastic salute and heads for the door. God damn it, I was hoping no one else would remember me falling off the roof...
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by kyleschmelz Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Trevor nods at Shade's suggestion. "If the job were done, I'd say we split ways and get back to our own things, but we don't know what this code is, we don't know how those guys got in, we don't know how the guy that Captain Valkyrie smashed up is tied in, and we haven't answered the biggest questions: who that guy in the cloak is, why he contacted all of us..." Trevor finishes off his drink and starts to stand up. "I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm going to join Nadia in the morning. See if we can figure this shit out."

kyleschmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:32 pm

[Spirit d8: 5]

Picking herself up, Logan did one last sweep of the exploded warehouse, just in case, before venturing back outside. She was extra careful not to touch anything this time, uneasily assuming an intangible form.

[Spirit d8: 8,6 = 14]

Last edited by Mariah on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:18 pm

"Fine, I'll meet you all there in the morning to figure out what is going on." says Archangel. She gets up and goes to collect and pay for her drink, she inserts the straw into the can of cola and directs the other end under her helmet and starts drinking as she stomps out of The Domino Mask.

Logan steps back out of the warehouse a little more wary after what had just happened. She stands along the quiet street threading between several identical warehouses.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:53 pm

Logan goes tangible again, and pulls her hood up. She starts walking in the direction she saw the truck escape. Although she's pretty sure she won't find it again, she keeps a wary eye out for anything suspicious. Most of her attention, though, is focused on getting back home, or to her bike (whichever one she manages to find first). It doesn't help that she's in an unfamiliar part of Rookfall.

[Spirit d8: 3, Wild: 6,4 = 10]
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by felixmac09 Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:34 am

"Sounds like the plan then. Make sure to bring your smiles!" he grins after the stomping Archangel. "Interesting group of folks. Talented, but... unfocused? Well, I should get back, do some prep work if I'm going to be absent in the morning." He finishes his drink and makes to head out.

felixmac09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:35 am

Each of them make their own way home to be alone with their thoughts and prepare for the next the day. Being left with more questions than answers they are each interested to see what the following day would reveal.

Fear awakes groggily awakes in a more or less comfortable bed with clean white sheets. Looking around he recognizes the decor of an ORACLE facility bunk room. A few other beds around the room appear to be occupied but the room is mostly empty. He sees one of the smooth white robotic caretakers whir to life and make it's way over to him.

"Good morning Sir, it is good to see you awake and well. Do you need anything?" it asks in a calming feminine voice.

Logan begins walking down a road lined with identical warehouses each bearing a different number. She comes to an intersection with a road leading to her right that appears to have a gate at the end. She moves toward the exit and as she nears sees a chain and lock hanging from one of the gates apparently intact. She comes to a much larger road noting it as a highway that has some traffic even at this hour. She recognizes the highway number but still doesn't really know where she is beyond being pretty sure she is on the western edge of the city where the bank had been on the inner eastern side. It was going to be a very long walk home if she didn't come up with another way to get home.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:49 am

Fear sits up a little and stretches, fealty fully rested and unharmed. "Just a glass of water please. Do you know if my car is here?" Fear asks the robot. Note, don't shoot angels next time.

Vaughn
Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:49 am

"Apologies Sir, I have no records of your vehicle. If you don't need anything further I will fetch some water." the caretaker then leaves the room briefly and returns with a cool glass of water.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:26 pm

Fear will thank the caretaker and drink the water. Step one, find my car. Step two, do some research. Step three, make some cash. After finishing the water, Fear will stand up and ask the caretaker, "Am I cleared to leave yet? As my caretaker, you've probably noticed I possess healing abilities far greater than the normal person, and in dact, whatever injuries I had sustained are repaired by now, thus I see no reason to remain, but if that is not your diagnosis, please let me know.
Vaughn
Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:12 pm

Pulling her phone out of her pocket, Logan blinks over to the other side of the locked gate. She tries to find the name of the warehouse property, if there is one.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:25 pm

"Your assessment is accurate, your recovery is complete and you are free to go about your business" replies the robot waiting patiently to see if Fear needs anything further.

To the right of the gate Logan spots a large sign attached to the fence signifying the property as Beaumont storage and freight.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Fear ensures all of his equipment is on his person and goes to leave, checking the time in his way out. He will ask for his car and any of his effects that were taken at the front desk.
Vaughn
Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Logan snaps a quick picture of the sign in front of the caged warehouses, and texts her friend Emily, who is still in college and no doubt cramming some kind of midterm project.

Em, she texts. Need a ride home. Knowing how excited Emily can get over her Cape photos, she adds, Top secret. New pics.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Checking his equipment he finds nothing to be missing all his personal effects are still with him, he also comes across a note in his pocket with a phone number asking for him to contact a Constance Blanche. A clock on the wall shows that it is nearly five in the morning. Inquiring at the front desk another tall white plastic looking droid informs him they have no record of his vehicle.

Several minutes go by before Logan receives a response 30 minutes, can't wait to see them! Log an waits and eventually she sees her friends car roll into the driveway. She gets in as Emily starts chatting amicably while sipping at coffee like it isn't almost two in the morning.

Last edited by Rick on Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:01 pm

Fear groans at learning his car is not near him. He starts to walk back to the bank and puts in a call to the police as he does so. Fear keeps an eye out for his vehicle on his way back to the bank.

{{Notice: d6: (5, 3) = 5}}

After his call to the police, Fear sends a text to Constance's number, "This is Fear, I received a message at ORACLE asking me to contact you. How can I help you?"
Vaughn
Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:49 pm

Calling the police they ask for his ORACLE ID, having confirmed his identity they explain that his vehicle is where he left it as it wasn't involved in any crimes and was legally parked. Walking towards the bank Fear realizes it will take several hours by foot.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:04 pm

Fear groans and looks around, finally resolving to calling a taxi to bring him back to his car. After he's returned, he will take his car back to his apartment and dredge up information about Constance Blanche and refresh his memory about Archangel and await a reply from Constance.
Vaughn
Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:32 am

Logan thanks Emily with a hand on her arm and a tired, but sincere expression. While Emily spills the details of the project she's been working on, Logan wonders vaguely about her bicycle and resolves to pick it up later in the day, provided that no one cut through the lock and made off with it.

When they make it to Logan's apartment, Emily points to her camera. "You owe me one of those," she says. Logan winks at her before bailing out of the butter-yellow beetle.

After some much needed sleep, Logan sets to work on developing her photos.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum