Mysterious truck

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Rick on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:48 am

Making her way down the spiraling steps Nadias vision scans the area. The area is mostly cool but the infrared helps differentiate between materials giving her some idea of whats in the space. As she gets to the bottom of the stairs she finds a long table against the wall to her left, a jumble of tools and other items strewn on top of it. Overhead what appears to be a row of fluorescent lights hang along the middle of the room.

As she inspects the room a small heat source registers as it moves across the floor. Drawing her attention she looks at it carefully to find a mouse scurrying from one wall to the other. At the far end of the space a cube like frame structure sits but it's hard to make out what it is. It's obvious that no people besides herself and Fear are down here.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Vaughn on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:39 am

Fear enters behind Nadia and quietly says to her, "Is there anyone here? Or anything else of note?"

Fear puts one of his hands inside his trench coat, ready to draw his weapon if someone surprises them.
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by kalindra on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:11 pm

"Nope, it looks like we've got the place to ourselves," Nadia tells him. She switches out of stealth mode and starts hunting for a light switch. "Let's have a look around, shall we? Do you see how to turn the lights on?"

Edit: [Notice d6+2 (4, 6),3 = 11]


Last edited by kalindra on Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Vaughn on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:34 pm

"Let me take a look." Fear turns on his flashlight and helps Nadia fumble around for a light switch.

[Notice: d6: (3, 1) = 3]
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Rick on Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:11 am

With Fears flashlight the duo easily find a switch at the base of the stairs that turns on the lights above them. With the lights on they find themselves in some sort of workshop. The odd structure appears to be some sort of lift that is designed to raise up through another one of the square slabs much like the entrance hiding the stairs. The table and floor hold various piles of various parts and tools that give it the appearance of some sort of machine shop. Sitting on the table is also an old laptop sitting closed. The area is otherwise fairly sparse.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by kalindra on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:08 pm

"Neat," Nadia says half to herself, eyeing the lift. "What do you think, is this big enough for the teleporter doohickey? Maybe this guy--Oh my god, duh!" Nadia exclaims suddenly, tossing her hands in the air emphatically and looking back at Fear. "Is what's-his-face, Gunderson, this house's-- the guy that lives here, the Thermometer Head Guy? Are we breaking into Terror of Temperature's house? Did we have a picture of Gunderson? I can't remember."

She gets a closer look at the tools and parts scattered around the room, trying to guess whether he could have built either the thermometer suit or the teleport device here in the workshop, and continues to ramble in Fear's general direction without waiting for a response to her first thought. "There's starting to be like, way fewer people involved here than I thought; maybe Gunderson just planned everything and there isn't a secret mastermind pulling the strings behind the scenes--is that a mixed metaphor? Sorry, never mind, anyway, is it just Gunderson and his two cronies were trying to buy the weapon off someone from Omni and it turns out Gunderson isn't actually dumb like I assumed and we just got lucky in catching him? Maybe still kinda dumb."
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Rick on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Looking around it's hard to say precisely what would have been built down here but if she had to guess Nadia would say it was more likely Thermometer Mans suit had been built here rather than the teleporter.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Vaughn on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Fear moves over towards the computer and starts to examine it.

[Computers: d10: (10, 9; 3) +4 (Interface) = 23]

"I doubt he's the mastermind behind this operation if he couldn't even think to use a false identity for renting out the truck. Or tying a false identity to his secret lair. Honestly it took us maybe 10 minutes of snooping around his suspiciously empty garage to find his secret workshop. He might be good with tools, but that doesn't mean he's a criminal mastermind. I'd be willing to bet that there's still more to this than we know. Maybe I can find something on this computer. Give me a few minutes, I'll let you know what I find."
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Rick on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Fear opens up the laptop and powers it on. It's password protected but he's able to get around it easily. Once he has access to the computer he finds it fairly bare bones just like the work space it sits in. It's not configured to use any network, just a stand alone PC. Besides some music files the majority of the computer is dedicated to design and blueprinting programs and files. Opening up the files it is fairly obvious they all relate to the exo suit worn by Thermometer Man. Aside from that there isn't anything else of interest to be found.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Vaughn on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:46 pm

"Yeah, it just looks like some CAD files and blueprints. Nothing terribly interesting here. There might be something else around the workshop though." Fear looks around to attempt to find anything hidden or interesting in the workshop.

[Investigation: d8: (6, 4) = 6]
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by kalindra on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:33 pm

"Ok then. As far as him being a mastermind goes I suppose this isn't the cleverest crime hideout but then again even though we found this he was smart enough to remove the plates and presumably his plan didn't include getting arrested in the bank or he would have been able to drive his car away after the heist in which case its registration linked to the VIN would be irrelevant because it wouldn't have been conclusively linked to a crime." Nadia wanders around the workshop, mentally toying with the idea of breaking into the house as well. We know he's in jail so it's not like were likely to get caught, right?

"Anyway though I'm not sure he could have built the teleporter here so there's at least whatever Hexatronics people gave them that device still to find."
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Rick on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:41 am

Fear snoops around the space but finds nothing further of interest.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Vaughn on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:42 pm

Fear turns his shadowed cowl toward Nadia, "Well, my analysis of this space is that it's a fairly standard workshop. Not much else of interest, unless you want to know more about the design and build behind that thermometer suit thing. Should we see if the house has anything of note?"
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by kalindra on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:32 pm

"Oh! Umm..." Nadia gestures broadly at the workshop. "Yeah, I don't think there's anything else down here. We should try to put everything generally back how we found it, just in case--I guess that just means the computer, doesn't it? Anyway the front door is locked, but I didn't check if there was another entrance."

She considers their options, debating how far on the breaking-and-entering spectrum could be reasonably excused for the investigation. If there's a back door open and we can just sneak in, that would be ideal, but I don't want to break a window or anything. The 'entering' part feels a little less problematic than the 'breaking'... What they should do, she realizes, is call Detective Kadir and tell him that Terror of Temperature is actually Charles Gunderson, and let him take care of it from there. I've pretty much lost the debate with the team about calling the authorities, though...
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Vaughn on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:38 am

Fear nods, "Let's go and check then." Fear begins to head out of the hidden workshop, he will investigate the front door, check if it's locked, and investigate the backdoor, keeping his eye open for security systems around the house.

[Notice: d6: (4, 2) = 4]
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Rick on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:43 pm

The front door remains locked and windows around the house (also locked) have their shades drawn. Moving around between the garage and house Fear finds the back door. Giving it a try he finds it locked as well. He finds no sign of a security system.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by kalindra on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:57 pm

Nadia tags along behind Fear as he checks the doors. While he explores the various entrances, she sends a text to both Archangel and Shade: Truck's owner is actually Terror of Temperature.

She puts her communicator away and shrugs noncommittally at Fear. "Now what?"
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Vaughn on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:25 am

Fear shrugs, "Should we check the house? Might be some useful evidence in there. Otherwise I'm not sure if there's that much more we can do here."
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by kalindra on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:33 am

"Um..." Nadia looks from Fear to the house and back again. "Well, it's locked so there's not a lot we can do here, is there? Unless you're proposing to break his windows or something we're pretty much out of options here. I could call the detective and tell him we figured out who Terror is and let him conduct the investigation from there." She takes out her phone but doesn't dial. "Unless you can find a way in that won't be overly, you know, a crime," she adds hopefully.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Vaughn on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Hmm, I don't think that I'm going to get much mileage with B&E here, I need to pick up some supplies anyway, best to leave it for now. Unless somehow this Terror guy manages to make bail, the place shouldn't be too changed until the police go through, even then I can take a look to find out if they missed something.

Fear shrugs, "Fair enough, I wasn't planning on causing any destruction of property. Hopefully the police can find something useful in there. Any other reason to hang about here or should we head back to base?"
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by kalindra on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:17 am

"Might as well head back, I guess," Nadia says with a shrug. "Let's try not to make it obvious we were here, though." She steps back into the garage to close the secret door

[Knowledge: Computers (3,4)=4]

then tries to wipe any obvious fingerprints off the keypad with her sleeve. She closes the garage door on her way out and wipes the handle as well. "Meet you back at the base?"
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Vaughn on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:48 am

Fear nods and waves, heading back to his car, "See you at base, have a safe fly back."

avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by kalindra on Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:52 am

"See you there." Nadia waves back and takes off, heading back to the team's HQ.

Hopefully the others have made some progress.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Rick on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:11 am

Nadia punches in the code closing the entrance and puts everything back the way they found it. The two of them make their way back to the HQ with Nadia arriving first and Fear shortly after. It's mostly empty except for Archangel in the computer lab looking over some documents.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by kalindra on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:17 pm

Nadia waves to Archangel in passing, then wanders into the living room. Now what?

Not having anything pressing to do besides wait for the others to come back, she decides to run back to her apartment to pick up her charging equipment. If we're going to be spending a lot of time here together, I might as well be prepared to stay late if I have to.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Mysterious truck

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum