A Team in the Making

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Vaughn on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:49 am

Having received the information he was looking for, Fear checks the security factors installed on the network and tests them for any flaws, attempting to fortify then when he does find something.


[Comp-uters: d10: (2; 6, 2) = 8]
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Rick on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:38 am

I am an Artificial Intelligence. Based upon my intellectual and processing capabilities being higher than that of most individuals I could theoretically be considered a Cape.




Fear finds that no security measures beyond basic password protection on accounts exist. The system is a blank slate waiting to be configured however the team sees fit.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Mariah on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:19 am

Cool. I'll consider you a Cape.

There was a news article recently about criminal Cape activity being down. Do you know which Capes have been inactive the longest? Ones not in jail and not dead.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Rick on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:54 am

That is difficult to say. While it is often obvious if a powered individual was involved in a crime it is not always clear which individual it may have been. I will allocate processing to see if meaningful data can be found but it will take time.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Mariah on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Thank you, Logan types cheerfully.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Rick on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:25 pm

You are welcome. "O" replies simply.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by kalindra on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:29 pm

Nadia nods pensively when Archangel suggests Beacon as more likely to watch the computer network. "Right, yeah. I mean--like, I don't want to start a whole 'thing' again about whether we should trust our shadow managers... It's reasonable of them to supervise us or whatever, I just think they ought to be up front about it, you know?" Her gaze drifts around the room, as though hunting for hidden spy cameras. "Anyway, now what? When you 'patrol,' do you just bug around the city hoping to find 'crime guys' or what?" She makes a jazz hands gesture in the air around the phrase 'crime guys' for emphasis.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Rick on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:35 pm

"Speaking for myself... yeah, pretty much. When I first started out I did a little research into crime stats in the city. Figured out which areas had higher crime rates and just started hanging nearby waiting for something to go down. Being able to fly helps, I can get up to a good vantage point and look for sirens, fires, suspicious figures. Sometimes I just drift around in plain sight, trying to go the deterrent route. That's why I don't shy away from cameras, I figure if I get a reputation I can maybe stop things before they even start." Archangel answers giving a shoulder shrug at the end.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by kalindra on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:39 pm

Oh, well that's... pretty smart, actually, Nadia muses. "Ok, then, now that there's six of us--well, five that could theoretically patrol, no offense--" she halfway glances at Logan, who appears to be absorbed in playing with her communicator anyway, "--we have the capacity to cover significantly more area and/or patrol in shifts since some of you have jobs and such, and it seems like for safety and/or effectiveness it would be reasonable to travel in pairs, although I suppose if we're all equipped with voice-activated communicators that's less essential especially since Archangel and I can fly. Just out of curiosity, what's your top speed? Do you guys all have cars?" She pauses the rambling list of thoughts briefly to see if the others are following along.

I guess if we're traveling in pairs the camera girl can come. I'm guessing she doesn't have any combat utility, but maybe that's not accurate? Actually, I don't know the full extent of what any of these guys can do...
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Mariah on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:17 pm

Logan glances up briefly while she waits for O to process her last request.

She sends Nadia a message, since her communicator is handy.
If five patrol, you can't do it in pairs, she points out.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Rick on Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:59 am

"I don't know actually... I've never looked into measuring it. Faster than any car I've flown next to, not as fast as a commercial plane at cruising speed? I suppose the car thing wasn't really directed at me but no I don't own one myself."

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by kalindra on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:08 am

Nadia nods at Archangel. "Sure, there's no reason to drive if you can fly, unless you have to move something, I guess--" She jumps a little when the communicator goes off and glances down at the incoming message. "Fricking--Well obviously I didn't mean we should travel in two-point-five groups of two literally all the time," she exclaims irritably, brandishing the communicator dismissively. "I don't see any reason for all of us to always patrol simultaneously, maybe one or two people can stay here in the situation room or get a night off ever, and also Archangel at least is obviously capable of working solo, plus the aforementioned ability to fly so if she or I needs to be available to provide backup, we can get places quickly." Or, maybe the sixth person can follow the fifth man if she's suddenly so eager to contribute. She bites back a few more barbs, forcibly reminding herself that everyone can't follow her train of thought directly.Shut up, Nadia, she probably thinks she's helping...


Last edited by kalindra on Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by felixmac09 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:18 am

"I've got a motorcycle, but I typically patrol my neighborhood on foot, in plainclothes. Most of the time, I just end up holding doors for folks with a lot of kids, or helping someone carry groceries, but the folks that live there know me and keep me in the loop. I can hear about gang activity or missing persons, sometimes entire days before it gets reported to the police. Plus if someone's dumb enough to do something in bright daylight I'm there before they realize it." Shade seems a little defensive about the small scale of his beat.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by kalindra on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:03 pm

"Good, good," Nadia says absentmindedly in response to Shade. "OK then, how many days a week are we individually and collectively willing to patrol, and/or be 'on call' as it were for a patrolling member to request backup while expecting a reasonable response time from the on-call member, while recognizing that travel time is variable based on means-slash-ability and distance from the call and that the skill set of any individual may be more or less suited to a given task?" She says all this in a rush, as usual without having to pause for breath, then looks expectantly from Archangel to Shade to Tremor and back again.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by kalindra on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:13 am

"Or let's keep it casual, that's fine too," she continues, flustered by the moment of silence. "How about we each just do our normal thing tonight and take it from there. Also can someone go see where Fear wandered off too? Is he still playing with the computers?"
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Rick on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:32 am

Archangel moves further into the room and leans against the back of a couch. She folds her arms making it clear she won't be the one to go looking for Fear.

"We can maybe figure out the schedule later, my availability is a little... chaotic. For the time it might be better to setup some kind of check in process or something. Like sending out a message or a little website or something that shows who is active and we can sign in and out to show who is available for backup while we continue our regular patrols until we get used to this whole team thing." she shrugs her shoulders "Just an idea. Personally I'd like to get a couple things moved in and then I want to see what Beacon sends us on the missing Cape stuff."

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Vaughn on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:34 am

Fear finishes setting up some basic computer security (of his own particular programming) just to have something available. I can always remove or enhance it later.

[If you want another computers check: d10: (7, 5) = 7]
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by kalindra on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:16 pm

"Oh! Yeah, that's a really good idea. It might be nice to design the sign-in thing to alert the comms since they're already connected to each other, although I'm assuming we all have phones so that's probably not necessary. I guess we could just mass-text each other too, though. In the meantime."

Ok, so I guess everyone just does their own thing? Shit, I was hoping there would be some coordination for me to do. Planning is definitely not Archangel's strong suit, though.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by kalindra on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:16 am

Nadia shrugs at the room. "Well, you guys just keep... doing whatever you're doing, or bring your stuff or whatever. I'll go see what Fear is doing and see about making an on-call app for the comms." She heads back to the computer room.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Rick on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:50 am

Nadia gets about halfway down the stairs as the others shuffle about upstairs. Suddenly everyones communicators notify them of a new message from "O".

"ALERT: Possible Cape criminal activity, small restaurant vandalized and robbed moments ago in broad daylight."
The message is followed closely with another giving an address. Some from memory and others by looking it up find it to be the address of Clementines, the diner they had eaten at just yesterday.

Fear noticing the alert leaves the command room and goes to find the others to discuss what he found about the truck and the alert on his communicator. Nadia seeing Fear coming up the stairs inquires about the alert and fear confirms that he received it too. They decide to regroup and lay out everything with the rest of the team.

Gathered up in the living room Fear informs them all that he has a lead on the suspicious truck.

Nadia confirms with everyone that they all received the same message from "O".

Archangel chimes in that they should have some information to sift through on the missing capes in a bit as well.

Faced with some possibilities the group discusses how to proceed.

[Feel free to use this thread to discuss how you would like to proceed, once your character moves off to work on something go ahead and jump to the thread you are following which should be up shortly. Once everyone has moved on from this thread I will be locking it and awarding XP]

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by felixmac09 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:49 pm

"Robbery and vandalism" Shade notes, checking his comm. "As of yet, doesn't sound like life or death, although with cape activity you never really know. Besides... I'm somewhat offended someone would hit Clementines. This seems like the most pressing one to address, although we probably don't need everyone jumping in at once on it if some would like to stay back and coordinate on the other items we have in the air?" He looks at the assembled group questioningly.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Rick on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:01 pm

"I'm interested to see if the missing Capes thing leads anywhere, I'm going to run out and grab my stuff and hopefully by the time I get back Beacon will have sent over the data he mentioned." Archangel says.


_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by kalindra on Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Six of us and three things to do. Seems simple enough.
"Ok, the robbery seems most time-sensitive but two or maybe three is probably enough to check it out," Nadia says, nodding in agreement with Shade. "So how about you check that out, and I'd like to see about the truck; and whoever's left can wait and see what you get from Beacon. Fear, I assume you want to go after the truck? It's your lead."
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Mariah on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:54 pm

Logan settles into a chair, one knee hooked over the furniture's arm in a casual sprawl. The gesture seems to suggest that she'll wait for Beacon and the missing Capes stuff.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by kyleschmelz on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:45 am

Tremor pops up to his feet after seeing the location of the robbery. "I'm on Clementine's. Shade, sounds like you and me?" Trevor takes a glance at the time on his communicator.

"Robocop, I know you're going after the truck thing, but I feel like you can probably get to Clementine's a lot faster than I can in my car. Can you jet down there and scope things out until we get there? Maybe give us directions from the air if you see someone on the run or whatever?"

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A Team in the Making

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum