Follow the Money

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kalindra on Mon May 16, 2016 2:38 pm

"Uh... ORACLE, I suppose?" She cups one hand around her mouth and calls out in Archangel's direction. "Regroup back at the ORACLE building?"
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick on Mon May 16, 2016 4:22 pm

Archangel waves one hand to acknowledge Nadia and takes off. Shade and Fear return to their vehicles and set off as Nadia follows Archangel into the air. Archangel arrives quickly taking up her position sitting above the entryway waiting for the others to arrive.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Mariah on Mon May 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Logan scribbles a note to Trevor:

Can you contact the others? Meet somewhere; can trade information.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kyleschmelz on Tue May 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Trevor continues driving without reading the note, as he is a responsible driver.

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick on Tue May 17, 2016 1:33 pm

Trevor drives along as Logan keeps trying to get his attention. Eventually coming to a red light he glances at what she has written. He pulls out his phone, he has a text from Shade saying they are heading back to the ORACLE building to regroup. Trevor relays this to Logan and continues driving as the light turns green. Constance once again keeps pace with the car on foot.

The group from Lucky Jack's arrives first followed shortly by the three who went to check the warehouse. Nadia goes through what they had found first, a shattered hole in the fence, Kevins involvement and the police being contacted, the cautious nature of the villains who hired Kevin, and the truck they drove. At the mention of the truck Logan interjects and scribbles out a note about the plate-less blue truck sitting near the warehouse and shows the VIN number she had copied down. The others agree there is likely a connection. Trevor explains not much was to be found but that the property manager was going to get back to him with the name of the company that is leasing the building and gave the names that the manager thought it was.

This sparks a recollection for both Nadia and Constance who mention that Detective Kadir said the technology from the teleportation plate belonged to a company called Hexatronics which is a subsidiary of Omnigene.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kalindra on Wed May 18, 2016 11:46 am

Nadia shrugs and looks around at the group. "Well, now what? Either this corporate entity is secretly behind the bank robbery, or the thermometer crime brigade stole both a proprietary teleport device and the use of a rented warehouse from Hexatronics. But assuming the former is more probable, why would the company steal money from a bank instead of merely embezzling from their parent company? Bank robbery is a much higher-risk proposition, and also why would our putative mastermind hire three criminals to anonymously steal a truck to remove the money from a warehouse, but then also rent the warehouse under the company's name? I just feel like it must be easier for a company to acquire a windowless creeper van without arousing suspicion, as compared to a teleport thing. Also, am I remembering correctly that Fistpuncher was invisible?"
She looks around to the others for confirmation.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by felixmac09 on Wed May 18, 2016 1:01 pm

"Definitely quite a bit not adding up. I'm still curious if they hit any of the other safety deposit boxes or anything. It's possible the robbery was just a smokescreen to draw attention and their real target was one of the boxes. That would help explain the trouble they went to." Shade offers.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Mariah on Wed May 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Someone should follow up on this VIN, maybe registered to someone we don't know yet, Logan writes on her last clean sheet of paper. I have a date. She writes the VIN again, and her phone number (text only) and tears the page out of her notepad. She holds out the page to whoever will take it.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kyleschmelz on Thu May 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Trevor takes the piece of paper, puts Logan's info into his phone, and texts the numbers to Shade. "Shade, you should have her info now."

Spinning his phone around in his hands as he talks, Trevor addresses the rest of the group. "There's definitely more here than three jerks doing a bank robbery. Fistpuncher and the others are probably just muscle-for-hire, so I'm betting on Hexatronics being behind it directly. I don't think they were counting on anybody connecting them to it, so they probably had a way of getting the teleporter out when they were done. If the cloak guy hadn't popped up, they would have gotten out clean with almost no evidence."

At this point Trevor is talking as much to himself as to the group. "Assuming Dumbledore was right about them buying some super-weapon, they probably needed a lot of money fast to get it done. We all know freakin' Omnigene has plenty of money, but I don't know how quickly you can get at shit like that."

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kalindra on Fri May 20, 2016 7:44 am

Nadia nods pensively at Shade's and Trevor's speculation. "So it looks like our options now are to shake down the bank manager again, or go find the nearest Hexatronics headquarters and just, like, ask the receptionist if they have any evil employees?" She mentally dismisses the clue about the blue truck, deciding that it would almost certainly belong to one of the three known perpetrators. Plus finding a car registration isn't a seven-person job. Well anyway, we technically solved one crime today, maybe we should keep our 1-0 record and call it quits?

"I don't know, guys. I'm worried that we're on a time limit if they really are buying a superweapon, but we're running out of leads. I'm almost thinking the optimal course would be to go on our way and wait for the cloak guy to hit us up again. Plus, it's not like the police don't already know about as much as we do. They can handle it, right?"
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick on Fri May 20, 2016 10:39 am

Archangel nods in agreement "If nothing else we can make some inquiries on our own if need be to try and kick up some clues. I agree, it seems we are reaching the end of what we can do with the information we have and I doubt our common apparition will let this be the end of it."

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick on Wed May 25, 2016 11:00 am

As the group stands around deciding their next steps they hear the growl of a motorcycle engine. The growl turns into a dull roar as a black Harley turns a corner and begins moving down the street in front of the ORACLE building. The rider is a tall thin woman with long hair colored a deep purple which is rather obvious billowing out behind her helmet-less head. She pulls over and parks her bike in a spot near the group, dropping the kick stand and swinging off.

"You folks are hard to find when your busy!" she calls out to them with a chipper smile. She begins striding toward them while behind her the motorcycle fades into nothingness. She has on a T-shirt for a band called 'Kamelot' whose name is depicted in jagged metal lettering below an image of a knight fighting a fire breathing toaster oven on a rocky plain.
"Names Amelia Blackwell, you can call me Doctor Weird if you prefer." she introduces herself holding out a hand to the group in general with another smile. She stares roughly into the middle of the group her eyes not focused on anything as though she were blind.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Vaughn on Wed May 25, 2016 11:23 am

Fear turns to Dr. Weird and extends a gloved hand, "Pleasure to meet you Doctor, I'm Fear, I've covered some of your work on my podcast before. What can we help you with?"
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by felixmac09 on Wed May 25, 2016 11:58 am

Shade nods at Fear's offer and extends his hand also. "Raphael Chaleb. Big fan." he smiles.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Mariah on Wed May 25, 2016 1:06 pm

Logan stares at her with a skeptical sort of curiosity. If it was actually Doctor Weird who had been looking for her earlier, that was one mystery solved. It didn't necessarily make her feel any more at ease, though. And Mavis should have known better. Logan keeps her hands to herself.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick on Wed May 25, 2016 1:39 pm

The woman shakes any proffered hands turning to face the person but staring through them.

"I have a proposition I'd like to discuss with you and I've had a hell of a time finding you guys running around today."
she chuckles, "Full disclosure I was the one who approached you about the robbery." with her last remark she lifts her hands in front of her and wiggles her fingers as her appearance shifts to that of a cloaked figure with glowing blue eyes. "WoOOoo... pretty spooky right?" rasps the familiar ethereal voice. The robes and smoke fade away as she continues "You guys mind if we talk somewhere we can eat? I'm starving."

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kalindra on Wed May 25, 2016 1:50 pm

Nadia starts to extend her hand as well, but reconsiders after noticing the newcomer's apparent blindness, suddenly feeling self-conscious about how dissimilar the prosthesis feels compared to a real hand. Maybe I should start wearing gloves--yeah right, like that would make any difference. She slides her hands into the pockets of her skirt. "Nice to meet you, Doctor. It's good to see another woman of science," she remarks. "We have a lot to discuss. What is your preference for restaurants--somewhere we're not likely to be overheard? Are we worried about that?" She looks questioningly at Amelia, Shade and Fear to see if they express an opinion about lunch.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by felixmac09 on Wed May 25, 2016 3:00 pm

"I've got a place we could eat, and I know everyone who works there and most of the folks that eat there. All it costs is some time doing dishes in the back." Shade grins.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Mariah on Wed May 25, 2016 3:23 pm

Logan's unease is derailed for the moment and unadulterated curiosity prevails. She is stricken by Amelia's sense of humor and the sight of the cloaked figure. A raspy little snort claws its way out of her. It sounds like it might be painful, but Logan is grinning. ...and she obviously sees more than we do, Logan thinks. That explains how she knew me.
I wonder if she listens, too.


While the others do what they do, Logan grabs her bicycle and rolls it over to the group, awaiting their consensus on where to go. If this is going to be a regular thing, she thinks, trailing all over the city, I should really take by motorcycle out of storage. Way faster.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kyleschmelz on Wed May 25, 2016 4:06 pm

Trevor looks at Doctor Weird with a mix of suspicion and admiration. "Good to know our contact is an actual person, I guess. I'd introduce myself but I'm pretty sure you know who we all are - we can discuss that whole thing when we get to the restaurant." And how things would have gone a little smoother if you'd told us there were six other people on the job.

"Shade, same place as before?"

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by felixmac09 on Wed May 25, 2016 4:11 pm

"I was thinking my soup kitchen actually, but Clementines works too." Shade nods.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick on Wed May 25, 2016 5:23 pm

"Clementines hmm... sounds nice." Doctor weird remarks as she moves her hands in front of her making odd contortions with her fingers. She mutters a few syllables and a pool of thick silvery fog begins to form like a cloud in front of her. The fog thickens and takes a more solid shape along the top creating a model of clementines as if sculpted from silver while the bottom of still roils like heavy smoke. With a few gestures the model of clementines shrinks away revealing the buildings around it giving the sensation of a camera pulling straight up from the scene. Eventually a perfect depiction of the city is formed with streets, trees, and buildings laid out. A little silvery white light blinks slowly where Clementines sits.

"If no one has any objections I'd be happy to provide transportation there and back... ?" she poses the statement as a question to the group in general.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by kalindra on Wed May 25, 2016 6:18 pm

"Uh..." Nadia eyes the shimmering shape apprehensively. "How about I meet you guys there. It's a short trip."

There's been quite enough weird magic bullshit today, and someone has to identify the bodies if they TPK or whatever, right? Let's see what she's got to say, but I'm not going so far as to trust the magic teleport cloud.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Vaughn on Wed May 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Fear briefly observes the portal. "Sounds good to me, thanks." He will proceed to step through the portal and wait on the other side for everyone else to pass.
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick on Wed May 25, 2016 9:15 pm

Fear walks through the silvery fog as everyone watches him. He looks around at the others as he finds himself standing in the middle of the ethereal map but having not been transported anywhere. Doctor Weird coughs a few times in a way that sounds suspiciously like stifled laughter.

"Umm... that was just the map so I know where to go, I can't really get there without knowing where it is... traveling will require a different incantation."

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Follow the Money

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum