Capes and Cowls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow the Money

+3
kalindra
kyleschmelz
Rick
7 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Follow the Money - Page 7 Empty Re: Follow the Money

Post by Rick Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:39 pm

"That's the only reason I'm still here working with this group. No offense I just feel more comfortable working alone." Archangel replies watching curiously as Nadia fiddles with her arm. "But I need to know who is spying on me and what they want. I keep my identity a secret for a reason and I don't like when people start poking around. Why DID you start doing the Cape thing? I mean... you're obviously equipped for it..." she says gesturing vaguely to Nadia in general, "you just don't seem like the type though ya know?"

Rick
Admin

https://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Nadia laughs shortly. "Yeah, tell me about it. No, this wasn't exactly in the plan," she answers, without looking at the other woman. "All this robot stuff was supposed to be built for other people to wear, but I'm stuck with it now, so I might as well do something, I guess. I mean, I joined ORACLE because, you know, you have to register your car, or a gun, I didn't think anyone would actually expect me to start doing superhero-ey business. It's like--I don't know. Never mind." Nadia lapses briefly into silence, looking out over the dilapidated parking lot. Nervously she crosses and uncrosses her mismatched legs, waiting for Archangel to say something.
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:25 pm

There is a long pause as Archangel sits staring at Lucky Jack's "I think I get it." she finally says. "You have these abilities. They make you different and you didn't ask for them but now you feel kind of obligated to use them."

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:45 pm

Nadia nods slowly. "Yeah, something like that," she answers softly. "I can't have my old life back; might as well start something new." She pauses for a moment, then laughs. "Besides, if I start solving crimes with their technology and end up famous, OmniGene won't get any credit for it. That will really piss off the guys in legal, I bet."

She glances at her phone. "How long do you suppose we should wait for the ground troops to show up before going in?"
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by felixmac09 Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:16 am

Shade thanks Phil and heads over to the rental. As he approaches, he shoots a quick message over his earpiece.

"On my way in. Everything normal?"

felixmac09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:59 am

"We'll give them a while, we got here quick. Shade will give me a heads up when he is nearby." Archangel responds tapping the side of her helm.

Making their way across the Rook River Fear and Shade find themselves in the Old Town districts. A significant lack of glass and steel which on this side of the river is exchanged for brick and mortar. With his advantage of vehicular agility Shade nears Lucky Jack's with Fear just a few minutes behind.

On the roof across the street the two women wait mostly in silence. They watch the target building but nothing happens, no one arrives and no one leaves. Archangel receives Shades message and responds "Hey Shade, all clear, Nadia and I have eyes on the place and nothing has happened. There's a suspiciously large patch job in the fence around the place though."

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kyleschmelz Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:59 am

Pointing at Logan's last note about the warehouse, Trevor responds, "That's probably worth checking out. It might have exploded, but I doubt everything was vaporized. If we can find robot chunks, records, remains of the money, anything like that, it's better than nothing." It's better than just sitting here anyway.

kyleschmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:35 am

I looked, Logan writes. Her handwriting is slanted, sharp, and trails together in pseudo cursive. Maybe you can find something I didn't, but we should also see if owner knows who used WH17.

They probably paid in cash, Logan thinks to herself. She stares at (or through) Trevor while she thinks, one eyebrow furrowed slightly. Or just broke in. They didn't break the lock on the main gate, though. Not the one I went through. Is there another gate? There shouldn't be another gate.
Logan writes, Might be a pickup to look at. ...If it's still there. If it belonged to anyone involved, we could look for a VIN number.

Logan feels woefully unprepared for this sort of thing. It's not nearly as easy as all of Em's mystery novels and crime shows make it seem. She glances down the sidewalk a short way to where she left her bicycle, frowning at it accusingly.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:16 am

"It is a good place to start just to make sure there isn't anything overlooked before some baddies decide to go back and clean up. Then we can pursue the other solid leads that aren't going anywhere."

Hannah

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:32 pm

"So." As they wait, Nadia leans back onto her hands, swinging her feet forward and back over the edge of the roof, ankles crossed. "Big hole in the fence probably means the truck was stolen, but they--the truck guys--might have done that to cover up their involvement, too. Either way, I'm hoping they have security cameras out here. Also maybe even if they stole the truck, they were here before that to 'case' it or whatever. Do you think we should ask if they've seen the cloak guy, too? Four people seems like overkill to question the owner, maybe Fear and Shade should talk to them while we--actually maybe not Fear, unless we're trying to scare them into helping. Umm... I'm just talking out loud to feel productive, at this point. Ooh, is your earpiece compatible with my commlink?" She pulls a pair of comm devices out of her back pocket.
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by kyleschmelz Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:11 am

"Well, let's at least take a look. Constance, I'm sure you can get there fine. Logan, you want a ride, or can you fly or something?" Trevor fishes out his keys and starts moving toward his car.

kyleschmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:30 am

[Knowledge (Computers) d4(3) wild d6(5) -2 unskilled = 3, failed]

"Uhh... I'm not sure." Archangel responds, "I just sort of bought them and the manual showed how to talk between them. Mine is sort of mounted in my helmet..." she says pointing to the right side of her head.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Logan clasps her hands greatfully around her little notebook, and nods at needing a ride. Prancing in the typical way of a pixie following a giant, she follows Trevor to his vehicle.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by kyleschmelz Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:49 am

Trevor's car is a faded red sedan with small patches of white showing through - it looks like an after-market paint job that didn't quite adhere correctly. The rear bumper is dented, one headlight is dimmer than the other, and it has a layer of dirt that never quite seems to come out no matter how often it's washed (which isn't often). The car has clearly been through a lot, but it's served Trevor well. Some things are worth maintaining, even if a newer car would have been cheaper than this one after maintenance and parts are taken into account.

Trevor walks to the passenger side and unlocks the door with the key. "I must have the only car left that doesn't have automatic locks," he says half to himself, waving Logan to the door as he walks to the other side. After climbing in, he pulls a shopping bag half-full of garbage from the passenger side floorboard and tosses it into the backseat. The floorboards are dusty, but the seats are clean and the air freshener seems to be doing its job.

Turning the key, Trevor continues, "Sorry for the mess, sometimes I feel like I live in my car. Do you know the way or should I look up the address?"

kyleschmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:26 am

Logan climbs into Trevor's car and settles in, unperterbed by any imperfections. It's roomy, as a lot of vehicles seem to be. She stretches her legs and holds her bag in her lap.

Logan knows the way from the warehouse to her apartment, and from her apartment to the ORACLE building. She puzzles out how to cut Home out of the route and writes down a number of street names and directional arrows in her notepad. She tears out the little page and hands it to Trevor.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:26 am

The duo in Trevor's car make their way to the warehouse which is in the southern part of the city near the river. Constance keeps pace with the car stopping to greet people she recognizes or to otherwise check up on the city before catching up with the vehicle if need be.

Nearing the gate they see the area occupied by the warehouses which is secured by a chain link fence topped with barbed wire around the property. Ahead of them a semi turns into the open gate making it's way to one of the many buildings. Pulling in through the gate themselves they see several people and various vehicles going about their business at the different buildings.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:37 am

Fear exits his vehicle outside of Lucky Jack's and looks around at the wreck before moving over to address Shade. "So, what's the plan? Are we both going in? Just you, just me, do Archangel or Nadia want to go in?"
Vaughn
Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:16 pm

Nadia shrugs and tucks her commlinks back into her pocket. "We'll figure that out later, then." She stands up and turns around in a slow circle, looking in an directions for a sign on Shade's or Fear's car. "Are they parking? Did Shade say to rendezvous somewhere?"
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:12 pm

While looking around Nadia spots Fear walking from his car parked in Lucky Jack's lot moving down the street toward Shade who had arrived and was looking over the place himself before entering.

"Yeah they're here, haven't heard anything from shade yet."
Archangel answers Nadia gesturing to the new arrivals on the street.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kyleschmelz Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:27 am

Assuming there's a parking lot in the complex, Trevor will park there, but otherwise he parks along the fence a reasonable distance away from Warehouse 17. Hopefully enough people use these buildings that a few extra folks won't stand out too much. Though I suppose we're not really going to blend in - even ignoring the obvious stuff, Constance looks like she stepped out of a World War II movie, Hipster Girl doesn't look like much of a forklift driver, and I'm not exactly dressed for work.

Trevor steps out of the car and waits for Constance to catch up. "So, you said the place blew up inside. Do you want to snoop around inside a bit or just try to find a property manager or something?"

kyleschmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariah Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:25 am

Manager, Logan scrawls decisively on her notepad.
Mariah
Mariah

Back to top Go down

Post by felixmac09 Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:18 am

"Meet you out front? You think we need people taking watch while we go? Fear's with me." Shade radios in, before turning to Fear. "I suppose I wouldn't mind if one of the fliers was outside looking over us. You want in? I doubt this is a full on interrogation yet, so we don't need all four of us to go in capes-out."

felixmac09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:27 am

Archangel points to the side of her helm to indicate to Nadia she is getting something. "I'll take up a position over the building to keep an eye out. I can signal if anything is inbound or keep an eye if anyone dips out the back." Archangel responds to Shade but also directing her comment to Nadia.

"Nadia, if you want to go in with them sounds like Shade and Fear are going to head inside shortly." she says again keeping the communicator open so Shade hears this as well.

Rick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughn Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:32 am

"I won't lie, I'm better at bad cop than good cop, but I'd like to be nearby in case we need a bad cop, I'll let you do the talking until it seems like he's unwilling to cooperate, if that's the case."
Vaughn
Vaughn

Back to top Go down

Post by kalindra Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:52 am

Nadia nods to Archangel. "Sure, I'll join them on the ground. I at least want a look around inside the building." She hops off the edge of the roof and jets over at low speed to where Shade and Fear are standing, alighting gently before the pair.
kalindra
kalindra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum