A message and a mission

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:57 pm

"They've got three capes, looks like we've got at least four. We've got two big guys, a fast guy, and whatever it is you do, and a mystery person on the roof. Let's move." Tremor continues to look around but fails to see any reasonable way down. "Can you take us with you when you do that ghost thing, or is it time to bust through the floor?"

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:00 pm

"No problem. Sounds like something scary happened. All our friends went inside to investigate, it looks like; still no sign of perps. Feel like dropping in?" Shade(2) motions below to the bank.

"Oh good, I was worried we hadn't done enough property damage." Shade(1) grumbles up at Archangel storming the front door. "We've got robbers in the vault below. I don't think they know we're here yet?"

Shade(1) looks up at the assembled group. "I can drop in but I wouldn't mind backup. I haven't figured out how to take people with me though..." He seems loathe to recommend busting through the floor. "There's got to be a stairs down somewhere around here?"

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:10 pm

"Wait, so your buddies set of the alarm?!", Nadia asks Shade(2) incredulously. "So what, they had a cunning plan to stop a break-in by breaking in themselves? What did--never mind. It's fine, we can deal with this." She stops to think, turning back toward the front door. "Ok, sure, let's go in. Maybe I can shut off the alarms and reset the system before they get here." She edges toward the side door where Tremor had smashed open a hole. Small rockets deploy from behind her shoulders, and she hops off the roof, drifting down to the street.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Shade(2) shrugs and watches her jet to the ground. "Ok, you got me, we didn't have a great plan." He pokes his head in through the roof (4,1, success), sees himself inside, and zoops out of existence before things get awkward.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:28 pm

While moving around the perimeter of the bank Logan finds nothing.[Shade 0 feel free to make a notice] Finishing her perimeter check she finds no other vehicles or any other individuals she arrives back at the front just as a squad car pulls up. The officers pull out their sidearms and go to check the man slumped against a car, using rudimentary hand signals they communicate briefly before moving toward the bank.


Last edited by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:31 pm

"Does anyone have a plan? If not I do." Archangel chimes in punching her right fist into her open left hand with a satisfying thud.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:46 pm

Rick wrote:While moving around the perimeter of the bank Logan finds nothing.

Except that she does see the darkness/Shade, and is puzzled, but leaves him be, slipping past him unnoticed.

Mariah wrote:Logan moves carefully around the perimeter of the bank, diligently watching the side and back alleys especially, preparing to act, should notice anything out of the ordinary - like an actual getaway vehicle or escaping criminals. [Notice d8: 1, Wild: 6,6,6,1 +2 Alertness = 21 (I swear to you I couldn't make these rolls up)] She also keeps an ear out for any progress being made inside the bank.

[OOC: Just to recap that conversation.]
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:53 am

"We should get moving, Shade feel free to travel as you wish, but for the rest of us I luckily saw the plans earlier."
She explains the location of the stairs behind the gate on the employee side to the others, and insists they minimize property damage.

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:23 am

"Police! Hands above your heads where I can see them!" a call comes from the remnants of the front door. The capes inside turn to see an officer using the door frame as cover with a pistol aimed inside. "I'm not going to ask again."




Nadia descends to the ground and notices the flashing lights of a police cruiser out front. She moves toward the front of the bank to make contact with the officers and comes face to face with one holding a gun. "Hands up!" he yells as he sees her.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:28 am

Nadia immediately complies, stopping and raising both arms. "Dr. Delacroix, I'm registered with ORACLE. My identification is left front." She turns one hip slightly to offer her skirt pocket. "As far as I know there are three other ORACLE members inside, but no sign of the alleged bank robbers. It looks like a couple capes arrived independently from me and jumped the gun."

She stands calmly and waits for instructions.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 am

Shade(1) raises his hands slowly, facing the officer and keeping his tone even.

"Evening, officer. I'm Shade, this is Tremor, and I'm sure you know Constance. We're all registered with ORACLE. We're in the process of foiling a bank robbery. There appears to be at least three metahumans below in the vault." He waits patiently for the officer to approach or relax.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:44 am

"We don't have time for this!" Tremor turns toward the front door and starts bearing down on the officer.

Speaking as quickly as he can, Trevor spits out, "There are three supers downstairs RIGHT NOW clearing the vault. We're all with ORACLE. I'm getting back to work."

Tremor turns his back to the door and heads toward the gate, ready to pull it up or tear it down as the situation permits.
[OOG: I'll wait for other folks to catch up before I actually make the roll]

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:56 am

Constance raises her hands and turns towards the officer.
"Hello sir, we unfortunately are on a tight schedule as some villainous characters are currently robbing this establishment downstairs. I'm Constance Blanche."

Constance looks at the officer, trying to remember if she has come across him before.
(Knowledge:Rookfall d6: 6,6,3, Wild: 4 +2 (Ageless) = 17)

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:10 am

"One hand, you take out the ID and hold it in front of you, once I can see it I'm going to radio in the ID number to get a confirmation." the officer tells Nadia. She complies and he uses one hand to activate a number and call for an ID check from dispatch. A moment passes and the radio crackles to life with an affirmative. Lowering his gun to one side he addresses Nadia,
"Thank you for your cooperation Dr. Delacroix, If you don't mind I'm going to check inside and see how my partner is doing."Assuming she has no objections he makes his way to the side door and looks inside.




The officer falters. Between a large slab of pavement yelling at him and the appearance of Constance Blanche, a long time friend of Officer Conrads family, he wasn't quite sure what to do. "Err... apologies Constance... I'm afraid um... I'm afraid I'm still going to need to see some ID's please?" he stammers out questioningly loosing all of his authoritative air.




A burst of rumbling laughter comes from Archangel as she lowers her hands and turns to follow Tremor interested to see him work. "Dude folded like a poker player with a pair of two's when the old-lady came down on him." She said purposely a bit too loud with another deep chuckle.




Logan watches from the outside as this unfolds only catching parts of the conversation over the noise of the banks alarm which had become increasingly loud outside due to both front and side doors being wide open.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:20 am

"He's just doing his job, give him a break." Constance winks jokingly at the officer and she holds out her identification for him.
"Blake CONRAD, I'll have to tell your mum that you pointed your gun at me today, she will practically write you off her will." She chuckles before looking over to the other officer and gasping.
"Samuel? Is that you? Last time I saw you, you were just applying to the force! I'm so happy to see that they saw what a wonderful addition to the team you would be." After greeting the two men, she drops her trademark smile.
"We have a bit of a situation boys. There are three capes downstairs trying to clean out the bank. Mind letting us help you with this one?"

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:27 am

Shade(1) jogs after Tremor to grab his ID card, and runs both Tremor's and his own up to the officer.

"Sounds like we're looking to go down stairs any second now. What part of the op are you aiming to get in on? Watching the exits, storming the vault, reading rights?" He offers cheerfully.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:39 am

"We'll just wait up here and watch the exits, reinforcements are on the way but are still about 7 minutes out..." he responds, he glances down at the ID's briefly and gives Shade a nod. "What about her?" he asks pointing to the large women in orange.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:40 am

Logan shuffles gingerly through her camera bag while everyone inside is talking. She makes sure everything is in their proper compartments, and then pulls out her camera and a standard lens. This is how she makes a living, after all.

Maintaining her image (or lack thereof), Logan takes another lap around the bank, anxiously continuing her watch for anything out of the ordinary.
[Smarts d8: 2, Wild: 4]
[Notice d8: 8,6 Wild: 6,2 +2 Alertness = 16]


Last edited by Mariah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shuffled some gear around)
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:41 am

Tremor centers himself on the gate nearest the stairs while the adults are talking by the door. His hands turn to claws as he bulks up, his shirt ripping slightly, and tears the gate to the ground.

[Fighting: d12(3), wild(4)]
[Damage: d12(11)+3+3d6(6,1,3,3) = 27]

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:46 am

Constance nods to Archangel to give them her ID.
"The sooner you give them your identification the sooner we can catch some bad guys."

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:55 am

"Pa-leeze, like I'd join the loser brigade. I'm private sector." Archangel calls back giving Tremors handy work and admiring nod. Stepping over the wreckage of the gate she begins searching for a way down to the vault.

[Investigation, unskilled d4(3) wild(3) -2 = 1 failed]

She flounders about opening office doors and taking her time not really sure where to look.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:57 am

Constance mouths a 'sorry' and shrugs at the police before joining Tremor and pointing him in the right direction.
"Time to go capes."

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:01 am

Happy to see that the real authorities have arrived, Nadia takes a moment to congratulate herself for defusing the situation by cooperating. Otherwise Shade's friends could have been killed by the police if they'd been found inside alone! I wonder why the robbers haven't shown up yet, she wonders. Shade's team must have scared them off. Next time they'll learn to think ahead before barging in like that! She positions herself near the squad car, where she can get a view inside the bank through Archangel's makeshift entrance.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:11 am

Noticing the other Supers moving in a specific direction Archangel follows. They move past some offices and a small pool of desks in one open space with a printer and some plants making up a mundane office, the space is lit up with more alarm lights which is a bit disorienting. A door to the left indicates restrooms and to the right appears to be a break room straight ahead at the back of the bank is a landing with stairs leading off to the left. On the landing to the right appears to be a security elevator that requires some kind of key to use, taking the stairs instead the spiral down to the vault. A small space with some more plants and a chair make up the lower landing with the other end of the elevator and bottom of the stairs. A large vault door makes up most of the wall facing the outlet at the bottom of the stairs.

[Vault Door parry 2 Toughness 12]




From outside Nadia faintly hears the wrenching and screeching of the metal as it is torn down and can just make out the others as they move over the wreckage of the gate further into the bank. She watches as the Officers move back into position covering the two open entry points of the bank.




Logan also hears the sound of the gate being torn from it's mounting. Otherwise the outside is still relatively peaceful.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:33 am

Shade(1) follows the rest of the capes on their way down to the vault and sees the door. "Anyone thinking of a way to get through that doesn't involve punching?"

Shade(0) creates Shade(2) again, sending him through the wall and back into the main bank area, where he proceeds to see Nadia through the main doors and waves. "Looks like everyone's headed downstairs. I think I heard something about perps in the vault down there. You interested in helping?"


Last edited by felixmac09 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum