A message and a mission

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Vaughn on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Fear sees a burst of flame from the roof, and turns to see a robot hanging from the roof. Ugh, I am way under prepared for this, there's fucking robots and rock monsters and shit everywhere. Just find the criminals and go, leave the capes to their own devices. Fear goes to rush into the bank, Desert Eagle in hand.
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:39 pm

Archangel having been watching the car watches the hooded figure step out and begin to radiate menace. Feeling the power wash over her she clenches her fists and begins closing in on the figure moving toward her.

[Spirit d6 (6,2) wild (2) -2 = 6)]

"It's go time asshole!" she shouts as orange flames begin to stream from her eyes once more.[/color]

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:49 pm

The door crumples inward and flies a few feet deeper into the building. Stepping inside Tremor finds himself in the public side of the bank, the gate separating the tellers and back offices from the front still intact. White lights flash around the interior lighting it up in waves and being inside the sound of the sirens double.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Vaughn on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Fear raises his gun and fires the massive handgun and the angel in front of him. "Alright then, if that's how it's gotta be, I guess, bring it angel."

{{Shoot: (6), wild (3) = 6}}
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:54 pm

[Shade(0) fear check fail[shaken], vigor check success,]

Hearing the alarms go off and subsequently getting hammered by fear, Shade(0) clings tightly to the wall, intensifying the shadows surrounding him. Shade(2), looking towards the front, sees Nadia dangling off the wall, climbs to the roof, and attempts to help her up. Shade(1), on the ceiling of the bank, hears the alarms going and curses to himself.
"Great. Brilliant. It's a good thing I'm a hero, I'd suck at being a criminal."
As the door crumples inward and Tremor steps in, Shade waves from the ceiling.
"I may have fucked up a decent amount!" He shouts over the unholy din of the alarms.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:14 pm

"Nice try" Archangel chuckles as the bullet ricochets off her shoulder into the night. Forgoing the sword at her hip she winds up putting her full weight into the strike and lets loose on the black clad gunman.

[Attack d10 (7) wild (2) = 7 hit]
[Non lethal, Damage 3d6 (A. 5 B. 6,5 C. 4) + 1d12 (8 ) + 5 + d6(3) for raise on attack = 36, result = Shaken, 3 wounds, incapacitated, knock back(caused by 20 or more damage dealt)]

Her fist landing center mass the hooded assailant flies back slamming into his own car leaving a sizable dent he slumps to the ground unconscious.

"That'll probably buff out alright" she remarks seeing the damage to the car.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:28 pm

Tremor looks around and takes a moment to orient himself to the lights and noise. He hears Shade's voice well before he notices where it's coming from, eventually looking up to the ceiling. "Are they in here? What do you mean you fucked up?" Tremor plants his feet and readies himself for an attack.

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Letting her binoculars hang around her neck again when the alarm sounds, Logan manages to snap a picture of the guy stepping out of the black car and walking toward the bank. Further chaos ensues. She documents Tremor breaking into the bank. A cyborg nearly falling off the roof. Fear (she recognized his voice) shooting Archangel. Archangel slamming Fear into his own car.

Logan sits back on her heels and begins to put her camera away, separating the lens from the body and tucking them safely into their respective compartments. Something's missing, she thought, scowling. All capes. Only capes. On a whim, she picks up her binoculars again and looks around. She looks away from the chaos, to the sides, behind her, peering into the quiet parts of the city...

[Notice d8: 6, Wild: 6,6,1 +2 Alertness +2 Binoculars = 17 (vision) = 15 (other)]
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Shade(1) grins sheepishly. "I think I set them off. I jumped in here to wait for them, I don't think anyone is in here." He climbs down to the floor. "I'll wait out front for the music. You should stick by the door to make sure no one takes advantage of it."

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:55 pm

[Shade and Tremor in bank roll notice for me]

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:59 pm

[d8(2), Wild(2)]

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:59 pm

{Notice: d4 (2,1)}

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:24 pm

As the alarm goes off Constance prepares herself for action. A figure steps from the car and she feels a wave of dread wash over, digging deep she shakes it off and pushes onward.
[Spirit d6(6,3) wild(3) -2 =7 success]

"There's no need for those kinds of tactics" she calls out but her voice seems to drowned out by the wail of the bank alarm. She watches as the two advance on each other and dives clear as Fear comes sailing back into his own car.

"Was that really quite necessary?" Constance asks chastising Archangel. Moving toward Fear she checks if he's still alive. Well at least he's breathing.Sending a message quickly to Shade hoping he would be able to answer "small incident out here how are things where you are?"




Inside the bank nothing appears to be amiss, aside from the alarms and emergency door laying bent concave on the floor.




Logan looks out at the surrounding area, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary but in the distance the flash of emergency vehicle lights could be seen. It looks like the authorities were nearby and on the way...

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:17 pm

Despite not seeing anything unusual, or because of it, Logan feels nothing short of suspicious. Warily, she becomes intangible [Spirit d8: 6] and sinks into the party planners' building, down to the first floor. Cautiously peering out around the edge of a window (still intangible), she tries her best to recreate the voice of the cloaked figure who first appeared to each of them. She throws the sound as far away from herself as she can, into the street.

The voice asks simply, "Have you checked the vault?"
[Smarts d8: 8,5 -2 second action = 11]


Last edited by Mariah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:37 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added extra words)
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:59 pm

Constance looks for the source of the voice, then angrily between Fear and Archangel.

"I will be back. SHORTLY."

Having not have gotten a text back, Constance runs to the source of the loud crunching. "Tremor? Shade?"

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Shade turns his head at the sound of Constance's inquiry. "Hi Constance. You caught the bankrobber. It's me. I tripped the alarms like an idiot. You said there was an incident outside?"

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Logan moved through the side wall of the party planners', edging into a position that both continued to hide her and allowed her pick out a shadowy place at one side of the bank. In a moment she was across the street, ducking through the wall of the building next to the bank. She flung sound into the bank this time, again attempting to replicate the cloaked figure's voice. It may have sounded a bit distorted by the time it pushed through the walls of both buildings, but the words were clear enough.

It insisted, "Have you checked the vault?"
[Smarts d8: 4]
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Shade whips his head around. "I'm going to go check out the vault? If I'm not back in time, tell the cops I said hi!" Shade(1) sticks his head through the floor to scan the scene; if there isn't anything looking back at him he'll move until he's inverted on the ceiling, but he won't go tangible this time.
[spirit d8 (2) wild die (4) success]

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:46 pm

Shade(2) grabs Nadia's hand and hauls her back up onto the roof; she's not much heavier than a human of her size would be. "Thanks," she stammers. Her synthesized voice has an extra buzzing undertone. "What's happening?"

{Roll vs Spirit to remove Shaken: d6=2, wild=2 Failure}

She stands and tries to regain her composure, but is obviously still affected by the mysterious aura.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:53 pm

"Shit, I'm not just going to sit here and wait. I'll meet you downstairs." Tremor whips around, looking for a set of stairs, but assuming the only way down will be on the employee side of the cage. Dammit, I don't want to completely destroy the bank trying to save it, but I'll bust through the floor if I have to.

{{Notice: d4(3), Wild(1)}}

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:04 pm

Shade takes a peek into the vault below hoping to find an empty dark vault. Instead his is met by a brightly lit room inside are three people who are loading money onto a circular plate. One is a large man, a huge man infact. Wearing black pants and a black tanktop each his arms appear to be about as big as Shade himself in mass with a matching torso and legs, his face is covered in a black ski mask with a skull painted on it. A second is dressed in dark yellow tights with golden lightning bolts, his movements are hard to track and he seems to be loading as much money as the big guy in smaller faster trips zipping back and forth. The third is wearing some kind of mechanical suit it's left arm raised and pointing at the inside of the vault door coating it in a thick layer of ice. His head is inside of some kind of clear tube helmet with a bulb at the base in which resides his head, the tube seems to be partially lit with red light as some kind of measurement like an old fashioned thermometer.

Shade pulls himself back out of the vault to address his companions.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Shade pulls his head back through the floor and begins whispering breathlessly. "We've got cape activity in the vault. I saw three: a big guy, an ice guy, and a fast guy maybe? They're taking money and loading it onto a circular tray. They've got about half of the vault on it, we should be moving nowish. Thoughts? There was a cape on the roof that seemed friendly, and whoever Tremor was arguing with? Do we coordinate with them?"

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:14 pm

Archangel taking notice of the commotion in the bank and seeing others making their way inside walks up to the front door and kicks them in.

[Attack d10(6) wild(4) = 6 success]
[Damage 3d6(A. 6,6,4 B. 2 C. 5) + 1d12(10) + 5 + 1d6(1) for raise on attack = 39]

Splintering the front doors she strides inside confidently surveying the scene.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:37 pm

Satisfied that enough other capes might be legitimately paying attention to the bank, Logan begins to bend light, creating a sort of image shield around herself. [Smarts d8: 7] As she steps through a wall into the alley, she is effectively invisible. The light-image shifts and moves as she does, reflecting her surroundings in an intricate camouflage. Feeling safer within her reflected space, she becomes tangible again. [Spirit d8: 6 -2 second action = 4]

Logan moves carefully around the perimeter of the bank, diligently watching the side and back alleys especially, preparing to act, should notice anything out of the ordinary - like an actual getaway vehicle or escaping criminals. [Notice d8: 1, Wild: 6,6,6,1 +2 Alertness = 21 (I swear to you I couldn't make these rolls up)] She also keeps an ear out for any progress being made inside the bank.


Last edited by Mariah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wordsmithing)
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:53 pm

{Spirit d6=4, wild=3 Yaaaaaay}

Nadia manages to shake off her fright and straightens up. "So what set off the alarms... Did the perps get here?"

She walks to the edge of the building and peers down at the ground, checking both the front door and the alley for anything interesting.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum