A message and a mission

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:56 am

Logan leans back, letting her binoculars hang from the strap around her neck. She turns to pick through her bulky camera bag, carefully draping her camera strap around her neck as well while she pulls a telephoto lens out of a cushioned compartment in the bottom of the bag. Logan attaches the lens to her camera and makes sure the flash is off. Gently, she props the contraption on the edge of the building for stability, and tries to snap a couple photos. She photographs the black car, trying to zoom in as close as possible to a license plate or window; the figure on the Bank's roof, faintly glowing; Tremor and Archangel lounging at the bank's entrance, looking tough.

The darkness isn't ideal for photography, but there is enough light from the streetlamps and other dim sources of color diffused throughout the city that she is able to adjust the exposure and sharpness of colors, within the reflections bouncing through the lens. Logan smiles silently, hoping that the photos will turn out so well once they're processed, and continues to watch through the camera and her binoculars alternatively.
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Shade maintains his grip on the wall and his hold on the shadows surrounding him, and with a moment of effort, creates a double. The duplicate walks out of the shadows perpendicular to the wall and up onto the roof, hands raised and empty. He approaches Nadia slowly, speaking in a low voice.
"I'm Shade, registered with ORACLE." He flashes his ID. "Got a tip there was going to be a bank robbery tonight, you wouldn't know anything about that would you?"

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:17 pm

"I'm closing on a house tomorrow but if I don't get the seller the down payment by 10 he's selling to someone else, figured I'd camp out to be the first one in line tomorrow." Archangel replies her guttural voice adding a menacing tone to her sarcasm. What the hell is this guy doing here? He's a good guy, at least I think he is... She moves to stand in front of the doors letting her hands swing freely at her side. Orange flames begin to flow from the eye holes in her golden helm up and around the sides...




Receiving the updates from her companions Constance makes her hurried way back to the bank streaking across town. As she nears the bank she finds Tremor advancing towards it and the woman in orange standing at it's entrance...




Nadia scans the car and finds a single heat signature inside. While studying the vehicle she notices another figure advancing up the street. Switching between infrared and normal sight to get a better view she sees an imposingly tall figure seemingly made of concrete and asphalt with ridges and stoney spikes. Tracking his movements she can hear the exchange between him and the woman on the steps when suddenly she hears a voice from behind her...




Fear watches the proceedings as a towering figure approaches Archangel. He sees a faint flicker of shadows down the alley but it may have just been a trick of the lights. Listening in he hears the remarks of the two in front of the bank...




Logan watches the events unfold on the street below through her lenses. Listening intently she can just make out the words spoken between the figures...

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:29 pm

Nadia nearly jumps out of her skin (so to speak) when she hears Shade's voice behind her. Standing to face him as she tries to recover her poise, she pulls out her ORACLE ID as well.

"Nadia Delacroix, also with ORACLE. Law enforcement has been informed of the situation and are already on their way." I hope, she adds, trying to look commanding. "I see two people out front and a possible getaway car in the street." She points at the car.

She watches Shade carefully for his reaction. If he were here to make trouble, he could've easily done something when he got the drop on me.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:40 pm

"She doesn't look like she's about to break into the place, but she might be the muscle to keep anyone else from getting in..." Tremor sizes her up - she may not be as big as he is, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything with Capes, and he doesn't really want to learn what the flames are about. Though she doesn't really look like the thieving type. "This could be fun if things goes sideways."

Tremor roots himself in place and increases his size further. A series of long spikes grow out from his spine, ripping through his shirt, as he contorts his face into a more menacing scowl.

{{Intimidation d6 (4,2) = 4}}

"This can go one of two ways, and it looks like you get to pick. You know anything about a guy in a grey cape?"

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Constance quickly places herself next to Tremor and laughs nervously.

"Ah Tremor, I was just looking for you." She turns towards Archangel and smiles pleasantly.

"Hello! I've seen your work around town. It is pleasant to finally meet you, what a coincidence!" She looks over at Tremor questioningly, trying to asses and diffuse the situation.

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:50 pm

Shade(1) relaxes, nodding. "Squad car rolled through earlier, although it may have just been making rounds." Looking down at the street, he notes the car, and looks at the situation at the front of the bank. "The big guy and his friend are with me. Golden Girl is, as far as I know, not a bank robber. I've seen her zipping around nabbing crooks, although I don't think she's ORACLE technically. I suppose we can step in if it looks like we need to." Shade(1) moves towards the edge of the building, crouching down. He seems unconcerned about offering his back to Nadia.

Shade(0) generates another duplicate. Shade(0) moves towards the back of the bank, above the back exit [Stealth (6,2 +2(crawling stealth modifier)= 8 )]. Shade(2) moves towards the front, under cover of his own shadows, until he is on the top front corner of the left side of the bank [Stealth (7,5 +2(crawling stealth modifier)= 9 )].

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:00 pm

Logan's eyes crinkle in a silent chuckle, and she snaps another photo: Tremor posturing, and Constance looking awkward. She is disappointed for a moment that she can't get a better angle. She could try, of course, but doesn't figure it would quite be worth the potential exposure. She captures another of Archangel and her glowing eyes, then goes back to her binoculars to glance at the black car again for any change or movement in its vicinity. [Notice: 6, 2 +2 Alertness +2 Binoculars = 14]
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:02 pm

"Settle down tough guy, sounds like we both heard from the ghost of Christmas surprises." Archangel retorts seemingly unfazed by Tremors display.
[Spirit d6 (6, 3) wild(1) = 9]

"I figure it's a trap so no point in hiding around, may as well come out swinging, names Archangel by the way. I don't mind you hanging around if you want but I get first swing at whoever shows up got that?" she directs toward Tremor.

"I've heard of you lady, you seem nice. Try not to get in my way." she says to Constance. The orange flames fade away and she takes up her position leaning against the wall once more keeping a side eye on the two in front of her but looking around for any others and feigning indifference to their presence.
[Notice d4 (3) wild (2) = 3]

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Nadia takes up a position near Shade, keeping an eye on both the car and the developing situation out front. "So, is it part of your friends' plan here to attract add much attention as possible?", she asks him quietly.

If they inadvertantly create a diversion for the bad guys, this is going to go poorly...
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:21 pm

"They do seem a bit lacking in sublety, although I can't fault their diplomacy. Still, that's what we're here for, right? If someone looks out and assumes there's only the three, they're going to be in trouble." Shade(1) grins. Still overlooking the scene from the roof, he pulls out his phone. "I'm going to have Constance check on your hunch." Constance, Black Sedan parked behind you. Possible getaway car?? He shoots off the message and looks on expectantly.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:36 pm

"Which hunch... You mean the car? There appears to be one occupant."

Nadia thinks for a minute. "Wait... If there are already what, five of us involved, we need a plan. Assuming there are no guards inside the building, although that's not certain, wouldn't it be better to let the criminals think they pulled this off, and then tail them to the buyer? I mean--" Nadia shakes her head, remembering that she has no idea how much Shade knows. "I was informed that the purpose of the robbery is to get money to purchase a weapon of some kind. The point is, it might behoove ORACLE to know who is selling the alleged weapons... Right?" She looks at Trevor and Archangel dubiously. "Of course, that plan is probably already sunk."
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:45 pm

Constance feels her phone buzz and before it is even noticeable that she has checked it, she zooms off next to the black sedan.

(Stealth d4 = 4,1 on skill, 4 on wild = 5)

She tries her best hear for anyone inside before she investigates further.

(Notice d6 +2 (Super hearing) = 6,3 on skill, 4 on wild = 11)

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:54 pm

"If LEO are on the way, I doubt they'll be too keen on the 'let the bank robbers escape' plan. And I'm a lot more comfortable with Tremor and Gal-ahad taking the hits than Johnny Law. Maybe we can get them to squeal on the seller as part of a plea deal. But yeah, maybe we shouldn't have them hanging around the front of the building." Shade offers apologetically. "Soon as we know more about the car, I'll ask them to pull back?"

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:05 pm

"I... What are you talking about? Who's Leo? Never mind. Yeah, fine, tell them whatever. It's your team. And yeah, risking their lives is exactly law enforcement's--oh LEO, I get it. I mean--" Nadia shakes her head again, then continues, talking faster than necessary. "Look, it's good of you to worry about the cops, but this is their actual job. Following certain procedures is important, especially in making an arrest or evidence gets thrown out. And you can totally follow criminals to a sale, it's called a sting operation! That's like a normal--Although it just occurred to me that I didn't tell the cops about the weapon. Crap. Anyway, they're not supposed to show up until midnight, right? We have a little time left."

Maybe I should have called the bank to tip them off instead...
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:15 pm

"Seriously, you get first swing? Does that really matter?" Tremor backs down, physically shrinking somewhat, and takes a look around. "Part of me feels like we should get out of plain view and part of me feels like we've already blown any chance at doing this quietly. You stay at the front door, I'll make my way around to the side and watch one of the other exits. If I hear anything inside the bank, I'm going in."

Tremor makes his way around the side of the building and looks for anything even vaguely resembling a hiding spot near one of the emergency exits. {{Stealth d6: 2,2 = 2}}

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:21 pm

"Aye Aye Sir." replies Archangel with a lazy salute. She watches the car Constance went to investigate not even bothering to try and track the other women's movements.




Tremor finds a some garbage bins and tries to hunch down behind them while keeping close to the side door. Hopefully anyone coming through will be occupied with something else instead of looking for someone.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Vaughn on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:27 pm

Fear turns away from the crowd in front of the bank for a second. That's a lot of capes... What's up with this ghost guy... He turns back and notices that all but one of the capes in front of the bank have cleared out, Shit. Fear surveys his surroundings to see any suspicious behavior nearby.

{{Notice: (3, 3) = 3}}

Fear tenses up and waits patiently for something to happen, sinking a little deeper in his car seat.

{{Stealth (3, 2) = 3}}
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Hearing some rustling inside, Constance positions herself where she can see both the driver's door if it were to open, as well as the bank.

She quickly sends a message back to Shade and Tremor. "Staking out suspect in car, watching building as well."

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:02 pm

"I'm big on police processing. I'm bigger on making sure a cop doesn't get pulled in half by caped bank robbers. If the cops aren't set up for a sting, and the robbers end up being supers, I'm going to help them apprehend the suspects, make sure no one gets hurt, and hang around to give testimony. Constance has eyes on the car, in case that ends up being something, and it looks like even Tremor moved away from the front steps. You want to call and get the cops to go along with the sting, that's your prerogative."
Shade(1) slips to the shadowside and floats through the roof of the bank, resolidifiying himself so that he's on his hands and knees on the ceiling, and looks around the interior of the building.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Logan checks her watch. It's small and old and full of gears, strapped onto her wrist with a soft strip of leather. Most people don't use watches anymore. She wears hers in a stack of other miscellaneous bracelets made mostly of twine and string and buttons.

Through her binoculars, she sees Constance approach the black car, and assumes she can handle whatever is in there. If I'm wrong, Logan thought, at least she's fast. She thought of other possibilities for a moment, grimaced slightly, and then considered the others on the Bank roof, also watching.

Satisfied that Constance was probably safe, she turned her attention elsewhere. Everywhere, anywhere. She was starting to get a little antsy, not knowing what to expect. [Notice d8: 2, Wild: 6, 6, 4 +2 Alertness +2 Binoculars = 20 (vision only) = 18 (everything else)]
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Shade gets a brief moment to look around the interior, he's in the public space with the teller stations further back, currently a cage is rolled down splitting the front and back of the bank. Inside the space he is in there are some waiting chairs and a table off to one side with pens and deposit slips for people to use while waiting for a teller.

After a brief glance around Shade is startled by a blaring siren and flashing lights inside the bank.




Outside the bank the muted sound of a siren is heard blaring from within and alarm lights can bee seen flashing from the few barred windows in the front.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Vaughn on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Fear jumps, startled at the sound of alarms. What? But that rock guy is over there behind the dumpster... And the angel is right there? Crap, no time, I've got to go now.

Fear draws his aura around him, blanketing his surroundings in a slight cloying feeling of despair. He steps out of his car, locking it behind him. And begins making his way toward the bank.

[All within 60ft make spirit checks at -2 to resist fear]
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:32 pm

Nadia waits on the edge of the roof for a moment, wondering where the heck Shade just went, when the alarm sounds. Before she can decide what to do, Fear's aura hits her from below like a ton of bricks.

{Spirit=d6, wild d6= (1,1) Critical fumble on my first roll, woo!}

Struck with terror she tries to activate her rockets and fly away, but trips on the edge of the roof, tumbling headfirst toward the ground.

{Agility=d6, wild d6= (1,5)}

She just barely catches the edge of the roof with the tips of her fingers and hangs on for dear life.

[Edit: Roll d20 on fright table, 3+2=5 Character is Shaken.]


Last edited by kalindra on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:33 pm

"It's go time." Hearing the sirens go off inside the building, Tremor rears up and charges the door, his fists taking the shape of large hammers. Putting his full weight into it, he attempts to bust the door off its hinges.

{Fighting: d12(7) Wild(2) = 7}
{Damage: d12+3+3d6 = 21}


Last edited by kyleschmelz on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting damage after the fact - used wrong Strength score)

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum