A message and a mission

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Shade fails the agility roll, but brushes the burning embers off harmlessly. Seeing Tremor get slapped across the room, he focuses his attention on the source of the voice and tries his damnedest.

[Shooting with Shotgun loaded with mercy rounds (d8 +2 for shotgun -1 for invisible):
Skill roll (d8): 4
Wild Die (d6): 2
Success at 5, damage = 3d6  (d6,6,6): 3, 4, 5 = 12
Shooting with Right extra arm (no multiaction or offhand penalty, d8-1 for invisible)
Skill roll (d8): 1
Wild Die (d6): 3
Failure at 2,
Shooting with Left extra arm (no multiaction or offhand penalty, d8-1 for invisible)
Skill roll (d8): 4
Wild Die (d6): 2
Failure at 3]

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Constance turns to the person in the exoskeleton and attempts to warp the metal around them.

[Attack d10:
Skill roll (d10): 5
Wild die (d6): 1]

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:15 pm

"Damn it!" Nadia raises her right arm and takes aim at the lightning guy, firing off two bursts of red light in his direction.

{Shooting d6*, rate of fire 2:
[3,2 miss]
[6,4 +3=9, success with raise] damage=3d6 [3,6,6,2,2=19]}
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Shade sees his shotgun's round hit an invisible surface and slide to the floor. "Ouch" the disembodied voice says sarcastically.

[Toughness(6) Armor(20) = 26 no damage taken]




Constance attempts to control the suit of the loudmouthed villain but he moves and dodges as she attempts to gain the upperhand.

[Parry(6) attack fails]




Taking a shot at the quickster crouched behind the money [-4 to hit for heavy cover] Nadia just grazes him.

[Toughness(5) Armor(4) = 9, 17-9 = 8 = shaken and 2 wounds, taking off the last d6(2) of damage as with the heavy cover factored in there was no raise (didn't change the outcome but still worth noting)]

"Son of a!" he yells as a blue white glow comes from his position.
[Vigor d6(3) = 3 still shaken]


_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:45 pm

Logan becomes intangible, ducking around people and slipping through bits of things to get into the vault. She zeroes in on the disk stacked with money and cautiously steps onto it...

[Intangible, Spirit d8: 7 -2 multiple action = 5]
[Maintaining Light manipulation, Smarts d8: 6 -2 multiple action = 4]
[Notice (focused on the disk) d8: 7 +2 Alertness = 9]
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:59 pm

Tremor reels from the blow, chunks of stone breaking off at the site of the attack. He's never been hit like this before - he would say Fistpuncher hits like a truck, but he's been hit by trucks before and it didn't feel like this.

{{Spirit: d6(3) Wild(1) = Failed, still shaken}}

Tremor stumbles to the back of the vault, moving as far as he can to distance himself from Fantom Fistpuncher and his awful, awful name.

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:26 pm

Straining against her icy shackles Archangel finally bursts free and surveys the fight.

[Strength d12(9) + 5 - 4 Very Strong = 10, success with raise can act on turn]

Having seen Tremor get hit by an invisible foe that sent him tumbling she moves to engage tracking the last sound of his voice.
[Attack d10(5) Wild(4) -1 = 4]
[Parry 7 attack misses]




The money and Logan disappear from the metal disk revealing behind it a figure of blue white electricity in place of the yellow costumed speedster.




Not to be ignored Thermometer Man tries another funnel of flame toward shadows position but the weapon misfires spraying only fuel with no spark spattering the ground with highly flammable chemicals.
[Attack d10(1) Critical Failure]

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Logan feels herself ripped through time and space to a new location. When the disorienting trip is over she is still standing on a metal plate with the money but is no longer in a vault. She appears to be in a large dark room of some sort. Floodlights are pointed at the metal plate and surrounding area but the walls and roof are not to be seen in the darkness. Near the plate are several palettes some filled with money others empty. She is startled by a robotic cry of alarm behind her.

"DANGER UNAUTHORIZED ENTITY DANGER"

Turning she sees two simple looking robots humanoid in shape with two arms, two legs, and a head. But the head is a single sphere with one red glowing eye while the body is clearly made of beams of grey metal, gears, and wiring.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:46 pm

Looking surprised to see that her shot at Lightning Guy had hit, Nadia takes a couple steps toward the blue blob of electricity, and fires a couple laser beams at Thermometer Head Guy. Don't attract too much attention...

{Shooting d6, Rate of Fire: (4,2) wild d6: (3)
If the 4 hits, damage 3d6=(6,3,6,2,2)= 19}


Last edited by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Autocorrect)
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Logan is more startled by the warning than the sudden disjunction. She tries to throw the light around herself again [Smarts d8: 4] and just manages to hide herself in the reflections while she scrambles off of the disk and into the darkness...


Last edited by Mariah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wordsmithing)
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Red lazer bolts streaking through the air one strikes the mech suited criminal.
[4 hits and ties go to aggressors just as a note]
[Toughness(5) Armor(8) = 13, 19 - 13 = 6, result Shaken and 1 wound]

Small warning lights begin flashing inside the suit and the man inside appears less confident than before.




As logan starts moving away the robots follow her and begin firing lazers through her incorporeal form. "STOP INTRUDER!", the weapons do nothing but the robots continue firing.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:46 pm

Shade(1) notes the shotgun's seeming ineffectiveness on the invisible... thing... and decides instead to take on the guy that keeps shooting fire at him. "How's everyone doing?! Holler if you need help!"

[Shooting Right Pistol: die roll #1 (d8,8): 8, 2, Wild Die for die roll #1 (d6): 4
Success with raise, 10
Damage die roll #1 (d6,6,6,6,6,6): 1, 3, 1, 4, 6, 3 = 18
Shooting Left Pistol: die roll #1 (d8): 3, Wild Die for die roll #1 (d6): 5
Success, 5
Damage die roll #1 (d6,6,6,6): 1, 1, 5, 1 = 8
Shooting Shotgun[+2]: die roll #1 (d8): 2 Wild Die for die roll #1 (d6): 2
Success, 4
Damage die roll #1 (d6,6,6): 1, 5, 3 = 9]

I really should practice more with these. Capes are a bit tougher than average criminals, it would seem.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:00 pm

The Exo-suit flails wildly for a brief moment before collapsing to the ground. A crunching sound is heard as the top of the helmet smashes to pieces on the ground. It twitches occasionally but nothing is heard from the operator and it doesn't move any further.

Archangel feels a rush of air go past her head as she jukes around trying to avoid any invisible strikes.
[Attack d10(4), parry 7 fail]

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:04 pm

Logan keeps moving. Since her glamour doesn't seem to be protecting her, and the robots aren't hurting her anyway, she lets it go. She tries to find a door, or a wall...

[Notice (solid vertical surface) d8: 4 +2 Alertness = 6]
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:17 pm

{{Spirit: d6(6,1), Wild(5) - 1 for Wounds = 6}}

Tremor shakes off his hit and reorients himself. Thermometer Man is being dealt with, Speedy disappeared, there's some... electro-blob thing? Not sure what that's about. But I'm not letting Phantom Phistpuncher over there get away clean.

Tremor takes a running leap back toward Archangel, closing roughly half the distance, and lands with a crash. About half an inch of the concrete in the floor is immediately pulverized and sent into the air as a fine mist around where Archangel is standing. At least now we'll be able to see him.

[OOC: Let me know if there's any sort of roll for Matter Control stuff; aside from attacks, I see nothing.]


Last edited by kyleschmelz on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added wound penalty, no change to result)

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:20 pm

Seeing a new opportunity, Constance rushes off towards the speedster while wrapping nearby metal from the exoskeleton to her fists. As soon as she comes upon the poor speedster she throws a blow.

[Skill Die: (d10): 8
Wild Die (d6): 1
Total:8
if hit:
Damage: (d12,12): 12, 6
Total: 18]

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:32 pm

With Tremors dive onto the floor a cloud of concrete erupts into the air as it slowly settles a tall and bulky form is left outlined in the dust. "Son of a bitch" the voice says while the form shakes trying to dislodge the cloying dust.
[Now considered visible]

Constance's punch landing on the electric entity it crumples to the floor under her blow and turns back into the form of the yellow suited speedster.
[Toughness(5) Armor(4) = 9, 18 - 9 = 9, results two additional wounds]

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:52 am

Shade(2), in the main floor of the bank, manages to hear the continued thumping [notice (d8): 1, (d6): 6, 3 = 9]. Pulling out his phone he sends a quick message to his own number.
rotating to the vault. cover the main?
With that, he attempts to slip through the floor onto the ceiling of the vault, but is unable to pass through. [Spirit (d8): 3, Wild Die (d6): 2]
Grimacing at the cosmic feedback of an attempted but failed ghosting, he sprints down to the vault as quickly as sprinting and wall-walking will allow, pulling out arms and guns as he goes.
Shade(0) recieves the text message and makes his way off the back of the building and towards the alley entrance (assuming there's a guard who will stop him, he'll provide ID and assure them that yes, there are a few of him running around and no, there's no evil clones or chameleons. If he gets past, he'll set up where Shade(2) was, in the main area watching the back stairs and the doors. Otherwise he'll comply with the officers).
Shade(1) grins as the hot head seems to be out cold, and the speedster gets punched by several decades worth of experience. Keeping his darkness swirling around him, he advances across the ceiling, using only his feet. Racking another shell into the chamber of the shotgun, he focuses on the now dust-covered form.

[Shooting +2 shotgun (d8): 1 Wild Die (d6): 1
Crit Fail (probable jam?)
Shooting right (d8): 7 Wild Die (d6): 3
Success at 7
Damage 4d6: 6, 5, 3, 4, 6, 5 = 29!!!
Shooting left (d8): 4 Wild Die (d6): 5
Success at 5
Damage 4d6: 1, 6, 2, 1, 5 = 15]

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:57 am

Shades shotgun jamming from a misfire will take some time to fix, firing his spectral guns one glances off harmlessly but the other causes a grunt from the invisible foe.
[Toughness(6) Armor(20) = 26, 29-26 = 3, result shaken]




Taking a hit Fistpuncher shakes confusedly, what the hell was that?
[Spirit d6(6,1) -1 for wound = 6, not shaken

This is going to shit real fast. The invisible bulk covered in dust moves to the now empty metal plate on the ground and appears to jump up and back down slamming on top of it.
[Attack d10(6) = 6 -1 for wound = 5, success]
[Damage 3d6(A.3 B.1 C.6,4) + 1d12(8) + 4 = 26]

A crunching noise is heard as the plate warps and crumples beneath the behemoth. A few sparks sizzle inside, "Plan B it is then." he says fading back into existence. Standing nearly as tall as Tremor when in his stone form and with almost twice the bulk in muscle mass an enormous man stands visible in black with a ski mask bearing a painted skull.




"Son of a bitch, I'm going to take you to pound town!" yells Archangel. I really hope no one heard that she thinks to herself as blood rushes to her face under her helmet. Moving toward the figure she draws her sword and takes a swing.
[Attack d10(10,10,5) wild(2) - 1 for flat of blade = 24 HOLY SHIT that's a raise]
[Non-lethal Damage 3d6(A.1 B.2 C.5) + 1d6(4) Raise + 1d8(7) Sword + 1d12(8) + 5 = 32, result shaken and 1 wound]




Logan stumbles into the darkness with the robots following, at some unseen communication one of the robots stops following and walks back toward the lights and money. Keeping the light at her back Logan comes to a corrugated metal wall now scorched with several lazer blasts.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:14 am

Logan is about to push through the wall, but she hesitates. Instead of barreling into it, she peeks her head through the wall, hoping to see what's on the other side...

[Notice d8: 6 +2 Alertness = 8]
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:23 am

"Come quietly and the DA might be more generous with your plea bargain!", Nadia yells, turning her laser on the Fistpuncher.

{Shooting 2,4,3: 1 success,
3d6 damage: 4,2,3=9}

avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:39 am

Having reached the vault door, Shade(2) sees the giant man in a facemask surrounded by heroes beating on him, and decides to do what he can to help. Moving into the vault proper, he jogs towards the hulking figure, drops to slide between his legs, and attempts to pants him. "Seriously, pal, pack it in."
[Agility trick, opposed agility rolls, Shade gets + 2 with Acrobat
Agility (d8): 8, 5 Wild Die (d6): 6, 4
15 ]

Shade(1) on the ceiling holsters the shotgun and begins aiming into the melee on the ground. [Aim action]

Shade(0) takes up his postion inside the bank, shotgun unholstered but relaxed.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:49 am

With the bruiser firmly distracted, Tremor takes the opportunity to close in and finish the job. "Time to bring the hammer down." He raises his arms over his head and clenches his fists. The clenched fists merge into one single hammer head as he brings them down on the back of Fistpuncher's head.

[Fighting: d12(7), Wild(2) - Wounds(1) = 6]
[Damage: d12(6) + 3 - Wounds(1) + 3d6(4,4,4) = 20]
[OOC: I think I did that damage right, not enough to break his defenses unless things have changed.]

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Poking her head out she sees a quiet area. She appears to be in some kind of warehouse district. The roads between warehouses are lit up by street lamps over head. Down the road to her right is a rusty mustard colored forklift parked in a small space near another warehouse that looks just like the one she is peering out from. Up the road to her left is a newer looking blue pickup truck with no licenses plates, no one appears to be inside it. Looking further out over the tops of the warehouses she sees a city skyline, not quite sure where she is but certain it is somewhere in or still near Rookfall judging by the buildings she can recognize.




Shade(2) slips between Fistpunchers legs receiving no resistance from him and pulls down his pants revealing a chrome belt underneath along with a pair of purple boxer shorts. He tries to shake off the recent flurry of attacks.
[Spirit d6(4) - 1 for wound = 3, fail still shaken]

And instead continues to stumble about shuffling slowly toward the vault door. Tremor swings from behind delivering his blow to his pants-less victim but his fists just bounce off the villains muscled back.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Constance runs in to assist Tremor. Coming from the front. she uppercuts Fistpuncher directly in the gut, leaving herself vulnerable to better hit them.

[Skill Die: (d10): 10, 1
Wild Die (d6): 1
Total:11 (+2. Wild Attack) = 13
if hit:
Damage: (d12): 11 + 2 (Wild) = 13
Total: 11 (+2, Wild Attack) = 13
(-2 to Parry until next turn)]

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum