A message and a mission

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:43 am

Nadia throws her hands up in the air. "There you are! So wait, there are actually robbers now? How did they get in there?" She looks doubtfully at the area outside the bank. "OK, but someone should watch the door, right? Am I the only one out here? What if--never mind, fine, I'm not getting left out of this!" She squares her shoulders and walks purposefully into the bank to see what's going on.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:05 pm

"Mind if I take this one big guy?" Archangel asks Tremor gesturing to the vault door and ignoring Shade's(0) comment.


Last edited by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : letters)

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:09 pm

Tremor steps back slightly to give Archangel room, surprised to see the vault door closed. "Unless someone's got a better idea... Have at it."

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:28 pm

Nadia wanders toward where she can hear the others talking, trying to look authoritative. "What's our situation here--" She pauses when she sees Shade 1, glancing back toward the door. "Uh... Weren't you just... "

She stops and waits for someone to fill her in.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:35 pm

"Nadia, from the roof, right? Glad you made it. You know of a good way to open a door that won't require replacing the door afterwards?" Shade(1) asks, a mixture of hope and anxiety on his face.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Hannah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:38 pm

"I could try to gently move it, if you all don't mind" Constance says while rolling up her sleeves.

Hannah

Posts : 38
Join date : 2016-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:41 pm

"Listen grandma, unless you have the key to this bad boy I doubt your method will be any gentler than mine so back off because I asked politely to have a go at it. Unless terminator over there has a better idea I'm going for it." Archangel says stepping between Constance and the vault door with her arms crossed.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:54 pm

"Hey, your opinions on robo-Americans aside, technically Terminator was a--okay, you don't care, never mind. Yeah, I can probably open it, but that's like the exact thing we're here to NOT let happen! Am I the only one--Wait, this is a setup, isn't it? You guys are the REAL robbers!" She takes a half step backward. "Shade! Are all these assholes with you or what?"
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:20 pm

"I can vouch for Constance and Tremor. I know this looks bad, but it's really just well-intentioned bumbling. If you open that vault and there aren't three jerks in there stealing money, then you can try to arrest us or get a good look at us and file the police report or however you'd deal with it. But I'm pretty confident in assuming that any of us could get into the vault if we wanted. You probably have the best shot at doing it in a way that doesn't cause lasting damage. Besides, if we were bad guys, we'd have punched our way in already instead of waiting for the cape that isn't part of our band of theives to show up and help us. Right? Only... make up your mind soon, because it sounds like some of us are getting antsy and I fear for this poor door's life." Shade(1) puts on his trustworthy face, and gets ready to go intangible as soon as the door opens (spirit check 5,5= success if and when it does happen).

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:27 pm

Nadia listens reluctantly, shooting the group a suspicious look.

"...Okay, fine, but I'll have you know the police already have a positive ID on all of you!", she lies. She steps forward toward the vault door, activating Stealth Mode before examining the mechanism.

{Notice d6=3, wild=6, 4= 10 Interface +4= 14 to evaluate the lock}
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:46 pm

Inspecting the vault door Nadia finds both a manual tumbler dial and an electronic keypad. Probing the keypad it looks as though either method can be used likely as some kind of redundancy. Inspecting the outside of the keypad she finds a keyhole that likely opens the pad for maintenance. The keypad will need to be opened to gain access for hacking, attempts will need to be made to enter the right code, or someone can try to crack the safe. These seem to be the only options that don't involve breaking something.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:58 pm

"Hmm... I'd need to get into the keypad to get into the lock. Can anyone pick this lock? Or maybe just break the housing off--though preferably without breaking the stuff inside... "

I'm starting to feel a little less confident in this whole endeavor, Nadia adds to herself.
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:00 pm

"I think that's your cue, Agent Orange." Tremor steps away from the door, rolls his shoulders, and plants his feet, ready for a fight. Assuming the thieves haven't already made off with the vault contents.

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:30 pm

"Finally. I'll give it the old one two" she says punching the air. Archangel moves to line up a shot.

[Attack1 d10(6) wild(1) -2 for multiple actions = 4 success, Attack2 d10(8 ) Wild(5) -2 for multiple actions = 6 success]
[Damage1 3d6(A.6,1 B.3 C.3) + 1d12(8) + 5 = 26]
[Damage2 3d6(A.3 B.2 C.6,3) + 1d12(8) + 5 = 27]

The first hit lands denting the door inwards and wrenching one of the hinges away. The second strike rips free the second hinge and sends the massive vault door crashing inwards revealing a build up of ice on the other side [-4 to opening].

"Knock Knock gentleman!"


Standing inside staring at the door and then up to the rag tag bunch on the other side of the opening in confusion are two men. One in dark yellow tights with golden lightning bolts, mid 20's looking with short blonde hair. The other wearing some kind of exo-suit with a weapon mounted to either hand. He has some sort of helmet on his head reminiscent of an old fashioned glass thermometer complete with numbers and markings for degrees and red lights inside marking a temperature. Inside the base bulb of the thermometer an older mans face leers out with wild silver gray hair on his head.

"How dare you interfere in the plans of the Terror of Temperature! You uncouth hooligans have done nothing but foul up an otherwise perfectly executed heist! We would have left this vault bare with not a clue as to how we gained entry or made or escape!"

The man in the suit continues speaking down to the heroes as the other begins flitting nervously from shoulder to shoulder behind his companion at incredible speed.

Pallets holding cash have been emptied onto a flat metallic disk, about eight feet in diameter and an inch thick, which is laying on the ground and several deposit boxes look to have been emptied as well. Curiously based on the contents of the few remaining pallets it's highly unlikely that all of the money is accounted for by what is loaded onto the disk currently.


Last edited by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:37 pm

Nadia throws her hands up in exasperation. "OH MY GOD! I meant just break the maintenance housing off the lock! Why can't you people take TWO SECONDS to think of a plan before smashing everything?!"
avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:42 pm

"Stay frosty, gang, there's one unaccounted for. Big guy, should be pretty obvious." Shade(1) moves into the room and begins to walk up the wall into the near left corner, unholstering his shotgun and flashing his two additional arms and pistols into focus.
"Put the money down, put your hands up, and come quietly!" He barks at the two in the room.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:03 pm

Meanwhile, Logan makes her way back up to the front of the bank. She stops to take a picture or two of the cops, continuing to camouflage herself and silencing the sound of the camera shutter. Cautiously, she starts to follow the path of destruction into the bank.

[Notice d8: 2, Wild: 6,4 +2 Alertness = 12]
[Light Control, Smarts d8: 7 -2 multiple action = 5]
[Sound Manipulation, Smarts d8: 8,1 -2 multiple action = 7]
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:12 pm

[Officer Notice d8(2) +2 Alertness = 4 failure]

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Mariah on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Logan follows the path of destruction inside the bank, trailing down to the vault door, where the others are. She keeps close to the wall, and edges around for some better shots.

[Notice d8: 2 +2 Alertness = 4]
[Light, Smarts d8: 7 -2 multiple action = 5]
[Sound, Smarts d8: 6 -2 multiple action = 4]
avatar
Mariah

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Pausing mid tirade the man in the exo-suit points his right arm at Shade(1) and fires a concentrated stream of fire at him.

[Attack d10(6) - 2 multiple actions = 6 success]

The flames pass through his intangible form scorching the area behind him. With a grunt of frustration he points his left arm at Archangel and emits a white ray of ice.

[Attack d10(8) - 2 multiple actions = 6 success]

As the ray hits she begins to be coated in a thick layer of ice slowing her movements. The speedster moves behind the waist high stack of money on the disk and ducks down.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Struggling with the ice building up around her Archangel begins thrashing against it using her strength to shatter it.

[Strength d12(1) + 5 Wild(5) - 4 Ensnare, Very Strong = 2 Fail]

Her efforts are in vain and the ice continues to hinder her. "Dammit!" she yells tossing about.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by felixmac09 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Shade(1) attempts to solidify in the corner [spirit d8(7) + Wild(5) = success]. Opening fire with his two manifested pistols, he takes shots at the man in the ridiculous costume.

[Shooting d8 (d8,8): 8, 2 Wild Die (d6): 5 = 10, success with raise. Damage roll (4d6 +d6 for raise)(d6,6,6,6,6): 1, 3, 1, 3, 4 = 12]
[Shooting (d8): 2 Wild Die (d6): 2]

Having taken his shots, he fills his corner of the ceiling with darkness, and once enveloped, takes a step to the right.

felixmac09

Posts : 113
Join date : 2016-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kalindra on Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Nadia switches into Combat Mode. Sleek black armor plates click into place on her arms and shoulders, and a small laser pistol pops out from each forearm just above the wrist, emitting a dull red glow.

"Seriously," she continues. "We're supposed to MINIMIZE damages! Did any of you even consult a superior before showing up here?! How have you not lost your ORACLE licenses by now? There are supposed to be PROCEDURES in place! Well?! Somebody DO something! "

avatar
kalindra

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by kyleschmelz on Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Tremor charges into the vault heading straight for the speedster. "We're done here. Someone lock down Dim Bulb over there!" Taking a swing with a big club of a right hand, Tremor attempts to launch the speedster into the far wall...

{{Fighting d12: 1, Wild: 2}}

But completely misses his target, absolutely on account of the guy's speed and not at all because he's bad at fighting.

kyleschmelz

Posts : 89
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Rick on Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:36 pm

The smattering of bullets are stopped by the exoskeletons metal exterior. [toughness(5) + armor(8) = 13] he turns his right arm to the same place and shoots a swath of flames into the darkness.
[Attack cone d10(2) Shade makes an agility vs opposed roll of 2 or takes damage]
[Damage 3d6(3,2,3) = 8 (Below Shades Toughness + Armor anyways]




Moving past the man in the suit Tremor goes after the speedster moving around the cover provided by the stack of money and taking a swing. Missing completely. He sees the speedster accessing some buttons on the plate before getting hit by something heavy.

[Attack d12(8) + 4 The Drop = 12 Tie goes to attacker success]
[Damage, Heavy Weapon 3d6(2,1,3) + 1d6(3) Raise on attack + 1d12(3) + 4 + 4 The Drop = 20 result shaken and 1 wound]

The hit throws him away from the speedster several feet deeper into the vault. Turning to face his assailant he see's nothing.

"Names Fantom Fistpuncher, Fantom spelled with an F." A deep voice chuckles from thin air [-1 to Attacks due to invisibility (-2 halved because he spoke)]

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A message and a mission

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum