Fear Vs ORACLE

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Vaughn on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:57 pm

Fear files that last fact away for a later time, Where are the Chief and Chris?

avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Rick on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:03 pm

"The chief of security isn't here right now, he is off duty. Chris is the one giving orders over the radio, he is searching the building with a team looking for you."

The two guards stand staring ahead blankly.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Vaughn on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Fear groans, A team looking for me? That's probably more people than I can take right now, at least now without needing to cause more of a commotion than I'd like to. Fear turns to the burlier of the two and says, "Break down the door, quietly if you can please." He turns to the other and says, Keep a look out for other patrols. Fear will also watch for other controls.

{{Mind Control: d10 + wild: (1, 5) = 5}}
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Rick on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Roy takes up watch at the other end of the hall while Jason lines up to kick in the door, after a few attempts he pulls out his gun and fires into the security system. He reaches into the wreckage of the control panel to start pulling out wires and suddenly goes rigid as sparks and smoke come from the inner workings. He slumps to the floor as the door swings open.

That definitely set off some kind of alert somewhere.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Vaughn on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:24 pm

Shit. Fear rushes into the room and starts typing away, telling Roy, "Bring Jason in here, then bar the door." Fear starts booting up the computer and trying to break into the oracle system, readying a flash drive to start loading the data.

{{Knowledge: Computers: d10 + wild: (10, 1) +ace (9) +4 interface/code breaker -2 encryption = 21}}


Last edited by Vaughn_Weirens on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editted for grammar.)
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Rick on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:31 pm

His hands a blur across the keyboard the layers of security fall away as he targets the ORACLE data. Success he begins copying, there is quite a lot but his drive will be sufficient.

Roy drags his partner into the room and moves a filing cabinet in front of the door. At first it seems like maybe no one had noticed them breaking in but just as the data finishes copying the radio crackles to life with commands for all patrols to converge on the Chief of Securities office.

Data in hand it was time to make his escape.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Vaughn on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Fear turns to Roy and says, "Jason will be fine here, what's the fastest way out of here to the visitor lot, take me that direction, quickly and quietly." Fear begins to sneak down the hall behind Roy, trying desperately to remain as hidden as possible. He removes his mental probes from Jason as he follows Roy down the hall.

{{Stealth: d6 + wild: (4, 1) = 4}}
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Rick on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Roy begins leading him to a secure elevator he uses his ID to call the elevator which comes down from a few levels above. When it opens two guards step out they first look to Roy and then to the hooded figure skulking in the shadows.
"Roy... What... Who is that?" asks one of the guards.

They both reach for the guns at their hips but neither one draws their weapon.

[Fear check Guard 1: -1 failed, Guard 2: 2 failed]

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Vaughn on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:54 pm

Fear smirks at the looks of terror in the faces of the guards, No need for introductions, you clearly already know my name. He then reaches out with his mental tendrils to ensnare the minds of the two guards.

{{Mind Control: Guard 1: d10 + wild: (2, 3) = 3}}
{{Mind Control: Guard 2: d10 + wild: (7, 6) = 7}}
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Rick on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:11 pm

And just like that their simple minds were his playground.
[Guard 1: 3 Fail(tie goes to aggressor), Guard 2: 6 (poor guy aced his d4 and everything, HE TRIED DAMMIT]

Stepping into the elevators he has his entourage follow him. They pile in and descend to the main floor. He sends them out first to make sure it's all clear and then has them lead him to the front door. They hear more radio chatter as guards begin converging on the office to find Jason unconscious and the security system destroyed.

Reaching the main doors Fear finds them secured, he asks one of his puppets why they won't open.
"We're in lockdown, external doors can only be opened by security personnel during a lockdown."
Fear glares at the three men "Then OPEN it!" he commands in frustration.

One of the men moves to a security pad and swipes his ID then punches in a code. He then holds open the main door. Fear steps into the doorway and turns back to the three men.
"Now, restrain yourselves." he commands them.

The three men pull out heavy duty plastic zip ties and begin zip tie their arms around a nearby railing up a small flight of stairs. With a flourish of his cloak he leaves the building and climbs into his car.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Vaughn on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Fear checks to make sure his broadcast on the cameras is still functioning so that his prescence remains undetected as he leaves, ensuring that the same man that entered the building previously is seen leaving in the same car with the same plates, none of which is recognizable as his.

{{Broadcast: d10 + wild, (5, 5) +4 interface/codebreaker, -2 encryption = 7}}

Fear enters his car and drives away, checking to ensure that he doesn't have a tail, before eventually returning to his base of operations to start sifting through the information.

{{Notice: d6 + wild: (1, 1) = MEGAFAIL (I guess he's to busy being on top of the world from actually hacking ORACLE)}}

When Fear is safe back at his base, he starts sifting through the ORACLE files on his computer.

{{Knowledge: Computers: d10 + wild, (10, 5) ace: (6) +4 (interface/code breaker) -2 encryption = 18}}


Last edited by Vaughn_Weirens on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Knowledge Roll.)
avatar
Vaughn

Posts : 221
Join date : 2016-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Rick on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Going over his hack of the video systems he has a sneaking suspicion that he missed something somewhere... Oh well, the majority is clean and none of the guards will remember anything about him.

Driving home high on the thrill of a successful heist Fear can't wait to look through the data. Arriving back at his home base he slips in sneaking through the shadows. He makes his way inside and plugs the thumb drive into his computer and gets to work. The data is encrypted but not as strongly as he would have expected from an organization who has supposedly never had a data breach.

Fear finishes decrypting the files in short order. It's a database, pretty simple and with only a few fields. Id number. Sure. Alias. You bet. Photo. Some have them some don't, all in costumes, not helpful. File Cabinet. What? Drawer. No. File number. No no no. There is no way this is true. The only information in this database is a randomly generated ID number from ORACLE, an alias name, a photo in costume, and reference letters and numbers to FILE CABINETS. They've never been hacked because they use hard copies!?! That's absurd, that would take so much work!

While pouring through the data and trying to figure out what it's all about and where the second layer of encryption was to get the REAL data, suddenly Fears computer screen turned black and white text began to scroll past.

THIS SYSTEM IS NOT AUTHORIZED
TO ACCESS ORACLE RECORDS
ALL DATA WILL NOW BE EXPUNGED
APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE
HAVE A GOOD DAY

Leaping to another computer Fear tries desperately to stop whatever is about to happen. Tapping away furiously he just can't keep up with the program as it spreads across his network and begins erasing not only the ORACLE data but everything. All of his computers begins wiping themselves completely clean. Smoke starts pouring out of his makeshift server rack and suddenly the power cuts out. All the lights in the room go out, the normal whirring of hard drives is gone leaving only the silence of a graveyard.

Fear sits quietly in the dark for a moment. "Maybe they are better than I thought." he says quietly to himself.

_________________
Archangel - Powers from an otherworldly source, she uses fists and flight to solve most problems.
Notice d4, Parry: 7 +2 from front & left w/shield, Toughness: 5/15 + 4 from front & left Ranged w/shield (10 points of Heavy Armor when active)
Rick - GM and Forum Admin.

Rick
Admin

Posts : 417
Join date : 2016-02-29

http://capesandcowls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear Vs ORACLE

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum